What bones have you broken???

FluerVanderloo

I was in gym class in the 6th grade and at the time we were required to stabilize a step box with our feet as someone was stepping up and down so it didn't scoot across the floor. So there I was sitting with my feet up against the front of the box and this rather overweight young lady tripped on the box, fell over it on my ankle, and broke it.

Panoramic World

Popped out my left knee cap 3 times.

Twice during my high school varsity wrestling days, and once during the off season leg pressing at a local gym.

Stop Laughing

Right arm in high school gym class, was playing some goofy game where I wound up running backwards and had to come to a sudden stop and I couldn't, fell over and 'used my fall to break my arm'. Killed my bowling game for good, lost 40 pins per game on my average.

Sharky

chcr said:
Oh heck, not sure I can remember them all. Right ankle twice, left one three times (includes having them both broken at the same time), left wrist, collar-bone, tailbone, I think that's all. I also bent my left knee backwards ninety degrees once, much worse than any broken bone, and dislocated my right shoulder. And yes, as a matter of fact I can tell when the weather is about to change. :lol:

Dang, dude.

MrBishop

Broken nose, twice - once in baseball (line drives are fun, aren't they?) and once in Lacross (stick in the face).

Right hand (inner bone) *A boxers break, from a thrown punch that landed where I wanted it to, the jaw (hardest damn bone in the body). Ouch!

Turned my right knee around 180deg, playing first base...my cleats stayed put but my leg rotated. Ripped all the tendons in my knee, torn muscles... two operations, two hard-casts, one mechanical "soft-cast" and an elastiplast later...I could walk properly again. Jogging's right out!

AlphaTroll

Left arm (first time) - playing 'Tarzan' & swinging on weeping willow branches - I misjudged the distance between the platform I was jumping from & the branch I was trying to reach - crashed like a sack of potatoes.

Left arm (second time) - gymnastics, I was doing something on the pommelhorse I got thrown. (I wasn't supposed to be on it at the time, so it's probably justice)

Right wrist - warming up before a netball game, I tripped and fell with the hand in an akward position, our reserve never showed up, so I was stuck having to play with a broken wrist. It still makes clicking noises when I move it a certain way - especially when I use my mouse.

Fingers - I have probably broken all of them at some stage or another, doing God knows what.

And I have had a number of injuries that do not include broken bones, but were rather painful nonetheless - including falling onto a rusted nail, which went straight through my kneecap, it never healed properly so I now have a tumor on the cartiledge. I also tore all the ligaments in the very same knee (playing touch-rugby). Pulled the ligaments in my left elbow...in the bath of all places (I lifted my arm to wash and brought it down at an angle, hit my elbow on the tap & managed to pull the ligament completely out of position, got inflamed & I looked like I had a tennisball for an elbow). Tore the ligaments in my right ankle - my I was getting out of the car & my friend pulled forward, not realising that I was only halfway out, with my foot in a twisted position - he drove over my foot & parked the car on my ankle - ligaments snapped like guitarstrings (didn't stop me enjoying my holiday though). Injured my groin muscle (netball injurie), sustained a rotator-cauff injurie, also from netball and have sprained or strained just about every muscle I have.

I guess I am accident prone.

Winky

Crap between A-troll and Chcr I'm ashamed to say:

toes two on one foot, one on the other, riding motocross
without any steel toed boots

tennis shoes ain't right for such activities?

a course a lumbar lamanectomy at age 14
(back surgery) doesn’t quite match the carnage
that Chcr has been through, do it?

But hey we are still young Right?
There’s still plenty of time to wreck
and ravage our bodies, ain't there?

Mirlyn

Never broke a bone, but I've bruised one. Didn't know you could do that, but evidently you can.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Mirlyn said:
Never broke a bone, but I've bruised one. Didn't know you could do that, but evidently you can.

ooooooooh man, dirty thoughts :D

Guess you should watch you don't take corners to tight with that thing...

Mirlyn

Nixy said:
ooooooooh man, dirty thoughts :D

Guess you should watch you don't take corners to tight with that thing...
:p

I was at the end of a swing of a raquet when a guy behind me was at the peak speed of his swing and slammed the outside edge of my right palm. Knocked my raquet a good 25' and sent my hand flying back around me.

It was a few days before I could hold a pen again.

xjy

When I was younger I broke my nose. Twice. Ran into the same tree both times. I was a smart child, apparently. :p

I also broke the growth plate in my left foot, just by jumping and landing on it in a weird position. One would think that it'd cause me to have small feet or something, but here I am today with size 17 shoes. Heh.

I also broke my pinky toe a couple times on the trampoline with siblings, and holy crap did THAT hurt.