Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Affection (fondness)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Well? Here in North America hugging is usually considered love (sexual), unfortunately. Before I moved here, I used to hug people all the time just to show affection. Yes I'm emotional and yes I like showing emotions (I'm not a Vulcan ok?). Guys and girls, it doesn't matter, I like hugging and like being hugged. What does it mean for you though? :)

Well, most people I guess. Sexual is perhaps too a strong word, but if I suddenly turn around and hug my best friend (male) he would look at me weird. This is not as strong a reaction from girls though. In both cases its not nearly as acceptable here as in other parts of the world. :(

maybe its just your phobic friends...that's not the case among the circle of people I know.

That doesn't explain all the men I know who are perfectly comfortable hugging in greeting or affection :retard:

I see hugs as affection. A friend of mine hugged me once and I wasn't disturbed at all. Many people nowadays thinks it's gay to do that, that any friendship affection mark between two men is gay, etc. Being gay is a sexual orientation and affection to someone is not directly related to sex AFAIK...

equinoxe3d said:
I see hugs as affection. A friend of mine hugged me once and I wasn't disturbed at all. Many people nowadays thinks it's gay to do that, that any friendship affection mark between two men is gay, etc. Being gay is a sexual orientation and affection to someone is not directly related to sex AFAIK...
Exactly, men things it is :gay: to do something like that, when that is not at all the purpose or reason.

i hug my friends after not seeing them in a while, or also when saying goodbye if they are leaving for a long time.

I hug people all the time, and there's no sexual connotations in there as far as I know...Of course, I must know who they are, and they must be close friends. Hugging strangers is verboten. ;)

I hug people I like, but I don't see it as a sexual thing :)
More like a way to express your affection to somebody :)

i put it as other. i think of it as a way of showing you care and is a way of comforting someone even a stranger. thats why i said other is cause it can mean anything.

I voted "Other". Some hugs are just for affection, and some are sexual - it just depends on the context.

Back