What does your town look like?

chcr

Too cute for words
Donate to Locks of Love's new facial hair division? :lloyd:

On a side note, I guess he'll be able to say, "HO HO HO" around you without you getting offended this holiday season... :D

As long as he doesn't preface it with "nappy-headed."

Inkara1

If you'd cleared your cache it wouldn't have... and since the rest of us never had it in cache to begin with, well, there you go.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
:hmm:

OK, OK, here ya go...

Many old historic homes such as this one.

pix1.jpg

The county courthouse.

TN059.jpg

Main street, soon to undergo a multi-million dollar facelift courtesy of the local billionaire philanthropist type dude...

greeneville.jpg

And of course, MY favorite part of town.

AT5path.jpg

Hope those all work...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
awww you live in the typical "small town america"

I can't wait until the day I can live in a small town.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Quite honestly SnPs are the first photos I've looked at in this thread.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Interesting sidenote on the courthouse pic...

Greene County is home to andrew johnson (intentionally not capitalized), and as such strove to remain union loyal during the War for Southern Independence. All but one of those monuments are to union soldiers. The one on the far right is to Gen. John Hunt Morgan, CSA. Morgan was ambushed and killed in downtown Greeneville. No one (except presumably the donor) knows where the monument came from or who put it there. It was just...there...one Monday. Normally it is festooned with small Confederate battle flags and/or Confederate National flags, but at the moment they have been removed due to excessive wear. More are forthcoming post haste, I personally assure you.

I do what I can...

Professur

For those with less search ability, the main street (Highway 321) is ....Andrew Johnson highway. How many times do you spit out the window while driving on it, SnP?

BTW ... the town's website has the crime stats right on the front page? What's that all about?

Professur

* WAEZ (94.9 FM; GREENEVILLE, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
* WTFM (98.5 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: HOLSTON VALLEY BROADCASTING CORP.)
* WMIT (106.9 FM; BLACK MOUNTAIN, NC; Owner: BLUE RIDGE BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
* WNCW (88.7 FM; SPINDALE, NC; Owner: ISOTHERMAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
* WJDT (106.5 FM; ROGERSVILLE, TN; Owner: C & S BROADCASTING)
* WBGQ (100.7 FM; BULLS GAP, TN; Owner: CHEROKEE BROADCASTING)
* WRZK (95.9 FM; COLONIAL HEIGHTS, TN; Owner: MURRAY COMMUNICATIONS)
* WKSF (99.9 FM; ASHEVILLE, NC; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
* WQUT (101.5 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: CITADEL BROADCASTING COMPANY)
* WPJO (99.3 FM; ELIZABETHTON, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
* WHCB (91.5 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: APPALACHIAN EDUC. COMMUNICATION CORP)
* W237AR (95.3 FM; HAZELWOOD, ETC., NC; Owner: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA PUBLIC RADIO)
* WETS-FM (89.5 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY)
* WXBQ-FM (96.9 FM; BRISTOL, TN; Owner: BRISTOL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
* WQNS (104.9 FM; WAYNESVILLE, NC; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
* WCQR-FM (88.3 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE RADIO, INC.)
* WAXM (93.5 FM; BIG STONE GAP, VA; Owner: VALLEY BROADCASTING, INC.)
* W214AP (90.7 FM; JOHNSON CITY, TN; Owner: THE MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO)
* W220CD (91.9 FM; ENKA, NC; Owner: CALVARY CHAPEL OF TWIN FALLS, INC.)
* WCSK (90.3 FM; KINGSPORT, TN; Owner: KINGSPORT CITY SCHOOLS BD. OF EDUC .)

So, which radio station do you tune in, SnP?

unclehobart

My spot is actually an old town that lost its independent incorporation as a town in 1995. It is a triangle shape that is roughly 1 mile wide and about 1.5 miles long.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
For those with less search ability, the main street (Highway 321) is ....Andrew Johnson highway. How many times do you spit out the window while driving on it, SnP?

BTW ... the town's website has the crime stats right on the front page? What's that all about?

For those who LIVE here, the Main Street is Main Street. andrew johnson Highway is the main HIGHWAY. And it's Highway 11E. 321 is Newport Highway.

The crime stats are a tourism thing. We ain't got much crime here beyond the garden variety. Murders etc are so rare as to be nonexistent almost. Makes the prospective soccer moms moving in from where ever feeeeeeel better. As long as the majority of the transplants move to and stay in the city limits, I couldn't care less. The area I'm in...well, let's say it has a reputation...well deserved in some ways, overblown all to hell in others. I perpetuate the myth to prospective settlers as much as possible...keeps 'em out. Town folks are scared to be back there come dark. I keep 'em scared as much as I can...keeps 'em out. As long as they stay out, I ain't got to worry about a McDonald's anywhere near, with its attendant litter, noise, traffic etc. It's a grand scheme, and works like a charm so far.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
No, and don't care. They play Zeppelin instead of Trace Adkins. Beyond that, I think you have me confused with Gonz and/or spike. It's music. When I want news, I don't go to the radio for it.