What drives you NUTS about internet communication?

I guess you missed our shoutbox conversation where she revealed that tossed salad isn't part of her diet.

People who think L337 is kewl... and use texting in chatrooms. Aggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :gun4: :bolt:

That's better! :grim:

My own circular logic drives me insane. But that applies as much to real life as it does to messageboards. I just kind of figure it's the only way I can prove and disprove my own point at least six times in one sentence. Heck it keeps me amused and I sometimes argue with myself for hours on end. (I think it's a remnant of heavy LSD usage in my not too distant past). Current topic of conversation is: If you were to clone yourself and then fuck the clone, would that be incest or masturbation? Or would it mean you are a narcissistic homosexual?

Some things really annoy me on the boards though, as some other people have already mentioned - the constant spelling errors (I have lost all ability to spell, therefore I am exempt from this category, based on the fact that I used to be able to spell); the nonsensical posts consisting solely of smilies and bizarre pseudo-l33t, which closely resembles Klingon rather than any language used on the third rock from the sun; people who have nothing intelligent to add to a conversation and interrupt the flow of a thread by interjections of "huh" or "yeah" (usually accompanied by smiley abuse). I get incredibly irate when I have to wade through pages of posts, where the common denominator is the absolute lack of punctuation - I guess some people are just scared of the SHIFT button, which of course, when accompanied by the vicious SPACE bar and the volatile combination of . , ? and ! (or any of their mates), may just lead to absolute meltdown of the brain(s) of offenders.

Other than that I am pretty much relaxed. I know most mistakes are just that - mistakes. People make them, I can live with them :shrug:

Huh. I just realized I hate that too. Not using proper punctuation, or spelling... Although I think I've been guilty of that in the past. :blush:

tonksy said:
Maybe they could add another o to the to.....

Obvious, but cute. :la:
Actually, even though it was told to me as the truth, I believe that's probably an urban legend anyway.

Yeah, urban legends are annoying
[sarcasm]Saaaay, did you know that the daddy long-legs is the most poisonous spider in the world?[/sarcasm]

Back