what hurts?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Sometimes I get my feelings hurt, but, mostly, it's my back. I've had recurring back pain since 1998. Usually a dull throbbing pain, but, sometimes, it's so bad I can barely walk. Goes with the job, though, so I don't complain unless it's the latter type of pain.
Can you say Flexeril?

freako104

SexyBoo said:
Eh, my neck hurts - but my heart hurts worse. I figured I'd take ibuprofen for the neck and several creamy chocolate martinis for the heart.... :cocktail:

my heart and soul only hurt when I think of certian things

chatty kathy

tonks said:
hmmm...sounds like sciatica.....not pleasant and it only gets worse....have you someone to work the kinks out for you? if not, i really recommend a chiropractor...i had god awful sciatica while pregnant...i'm sorry...that just gets awful.
Gonna get some sort of cream tonight....like bengay or something and hubby is gonna try to work the kinks out. I use to go to a chiropractor but maybe its time to find one here. They say I have degenerative arthritus in my sacarilliac....if thats how you spell it...all I know is it hurts....cant take anything for pain because of my job.

chatty kathy

but then again if hubby works the kinks out......it can lead to other things that he wants to do right now and I dont.....You know men!!!

Dave

chatty kathy said:
I remember when I use to think people were full of crap when they complained of back pain.....well I believe every word they say now since I have a bad back and lay on a icepack at night. Today my left leg has been going a bit numb, kinda scary. I just figure I am swollen and maybe a nerve is being pinched?

tonks is right. its sciatica. the nerve root in your lower back got pinched and could be a bit swollen. get some ibuprofen to relieve the swelling. flexeril is wonderful stuff too for any accompanying muscle spasms. sitting upright for long periods is bad in that it will take longer to feel better.
i've been taking both today. i thought i was going to get caught up on my reading today, but i've been doing more sleeping than reading.

Stop Laughing

I feel great right now, but tomorrow's warehouse day, and that'll warp my back again. I used to hurt my knees bad from kneeling on the bare floor a lot at work when resetting lower shelves, but I got an idea from another job I used to have: umpiring. Now I wear knee pads under my pants (no one is yet to notice unless I point it out to them, they're pretty thin) and they work great, but they're starting to wear down, they really aren't designed for everyday wear and are getting very thin in places. I could get the hard ones like constructiion workers wear, but they're bulky and I don't know how much they cost, plus I'd have to go to a hardware store to get them, the others I found at a K-Mart.

Dave

my back finally feels normal. two and a half days of literally lying around and doing nothing. may go for a short ride and a walk around the mall tonight. see if i'll be able to go back to work tomorrow.