What is it about me that says.....

tonksy

...Green necklace and earrings? Not that I am complaining (because I'm totally not!) but I received presents from Rob's dad and his girlfriend and Rob's mother and her husband, both of whom gave me a green bead necklace with matching earrings. Both are different but fall into the same category. Odd, huh? Like present deja vu.

So is a gift of jewelry from the quasi in-laws a good thing?

A.B.Normal said:
*checks calendar

WTH,you get to open presents early :crying4:
Yeah, Rob's dad and his girlfriend are spending Christmas with her kids and Rob's mom and her husband mailed the presents earlier this week. Our girls are going to Louisiana to spend Christmas with their father so we opened presents so that we could all do it together.

i second the idea of it complementing your coloring. i dont think green jewelry means is secret jewelry-language for "you're ruining our sons life!" so i wouldn't worry.
it it so weird getting stuff from almost-inlaws. it like, doesnt feel right to take it, but doesn't feel right to refuse, lol. at least from my experience

tonksy said:
Yeah, Rob's dad and his girlfriend are spending Christmas with her kids and Rob's mom and her husband mailed the presents earlier this week. Our girls are going to Louisiana to spend Christmas with their father so we opened presents so that we could all do it together.
:dizzy:

tonksy said:
...Green necklace and earrings? Not that I am complaining (because I'm totally not!) but I received presents from Rob's dad and his girlfriend and Rob's mother and her husband, both of whom gave me a green bead necklace with matching earrings. Both are different but fall into the same category. Odd, huh? Like present deja vu.

So is a gift of jewelry from the quasi in-laws a good thing?

As long as it does not turn the skin green you have nothing to worry about....Hummm but then there was that necklace I bought in Thailand...Ahhh never mind....

My mother is arriving today. It's her first time meeting my wife. I was supposed to be off, but two people who work for me got a doctor to give them each 24 hours off from work. What burns me is one of the two was already on quarters, and got extended. Here's the kicker...niether one looked sick, or acted sick. Now...when I planned out the holiday schedule...which was before our two folks became ill :)rolleyes:), I had four people scheduled on each day, so that everybody would get some time off. I was totally fair about it, and even let them have input. Now that I see where the knives went, I may have to 'grinch' a couple of people. Why do they do it to me? Why do they do it to themselves?

Thanks guys, I was afraid it was code for "we don't know you and don't want to so here's a green bead necklace" or something. I'm ultra excited about the earrings from Rob's dad and his girlfriend because they perfectly match a malachite necklace that Rob gave me which I previously had no matching earrings for....this family really has a thing for green jewelry!

Oh! Paul....Marlowe made a star of David at school and i hung it on the Christmas tree...are there all kinds of jewish folk rolling in their graves now?

kat2220 said:
Green is GOOD!
KARMA++ :D

Tonks, when are we going to see a picture of you modeling all your new jewelry anyway?

I think we should all post pictures of us with our presents after Christmas. That would be fun. :)

greenfreak said:
Tonks, when are we going to see a picture of you modeling all your new jewelry anyway?

Remember, wear nothing else but a smile, just to avoid distrations :D

Back