What is more impressive?

What is more impressive?

• Being able to do shitloads of pressups.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Being able to press a shitload of weights.

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

MuFu

Pressups... because I can do loads but only bench about 3kg. :D

Plus I like the ideology of the tiny guy who lays the smackdown on 10 meatheads. :headbang:

You mean pushups? & what is doing a shitload of weights? It appears that not only do you brits talk funny but you still don't work out.:D

nuttin' hotter than a man doing pushups...

but I think strength-wise, the benchpressing is more 'it'...depending on how much you press of course.

He does mean bench. i was just giving him a hard time. They're the same thing really. All a pushup is is like benching maybe...65% of your body weight.

right...but one could benchpress far more than that...so logically, strengthwise, it's gotta be better, no? :confbang:

Yes. But power:weight ratio is a huge factor with pressups/pushups.

Gymnasts have the best physique in my opinion - absolutely UNBELIEVABLE power:weight.

All i'm saying is that doing standard pushups is almost exactly the same thing as benching 65% of your bodyweight. If you do say 50 pushups as apposed to benching 200lbs 10 times you'll mearly be building definition as apposed to mass. Neither one of these however is going to get you close to being a Gymnast.

HeXp£Øi± said:
All i'm saying is that doing standard pushups is almost exactly the same thing as benching 65% of your bodyweight. If you do say 50 pushups as apposed to benching 200lbs 10 times you'll mearly be building definition as apposed to mass. Neither one of these however is going to get you close to being a Gymnast.

Sure. Yeah, I was just interested because we've talked about this at uni quite a bit. Some guys buy gyms/go to the gym alot but others are content to just chuck their body weight around (for me that means virtually nothing, lol). I'd rather save the money - Gym fees are extortionate, even for students.

You can push 100% if you do them in a handstand position. Fucks your neck muscles though. I can do about 20 and then the pain becomes way too much. 80 NTTG pushups is no problem usually and three-fingered-one-handed... well they're good for showing off. :D

MuFu said:
Yes. But power:weight ratio is a huge factor with pressups/pushups.

Gymnasts have the best physique in my opinion - absolutely UNBELIEVABLE power:weight.
could never get into lifting, i do big sets of pushups dips, etc. to work on endurance for climbing though

Bah just give me a baton and i'll beat the crap out of all of you and your muscles, i might not get the ladies but i'd walk away with ma nuts intact and workable ;)

Leslie said:
nuttin' hotter than a man doing pushups...

but I think strength-wise, the benchpressing is more 'it'...depending on how much you press of course.
I do both. Along with 16 oz curls on weekends. :D

push-ups are more impressive imo....

for some reason i started hating weight lifting when i saw a few female bodybuilders, lol :D

Back