paul_valaru said:
I got a new scary one, though it doesn't beat IRS

a building enviromental report, the highlights:

asbestos

buried fuel tanks

no sprinklers (required by law)

coaldust

coal in the roofing material

Don't know how things are in Canada, but down here that would involve the EPA and state EPD. That's about on a par with the revenooers.

HomeLAN said:
Don't know how things are in Canada, but down here that would involve the EPA and state EPD. That's about on a par with the revenooers.

well it's a building I'm trying to sell, paid for a private consoltation.....can't send that out, oild tanks MUST be removed, new roof, asbestos, and sprinklers, grand total....$300,000

Nah, about the only thing that scares me more than the IRS is OSHA. OSHA makes the IRS look like weenies.

Occupational Safety and Health Agency. They can shut down a business in less than a minute.

PuterTutor said:
Occupational Safety and Health Agency. They can shut down a business in less than a minute.

Oh, I thought as much - we have them as OHSA (just switch the S & H in your's). I happen to work with all their acts & requirements etc becuase I have the pleasure of being the office safety rep (which basically means I'm also the first aid rep, fire warden etc because I'm the only one who's done the proper training) and unfortunately for them they'll be stuck with their fingers in their noses when I leave because they don't care that I have been telling them to get trained etc. LOL, will suit them right to get a big fat fine :D

LOL - those inspectors are mean! Bloody hell, I think they're general standard of greeting is a barely audible grump.

Hmmm, come to think of it, there's a lot of things they can get fined for when I leave, OHSA, Banking Code of Practice, Money Laundering Control.....ah well, not my problem anymore :shrug:

AlphaTroll said:
Hmmm, come to think of it, there's a lot of things they can get fined for when I leave, OHSA, Banking Code of Practice, Money Laundering Control.....ah well, not my problem anymore :shrug:

banking, money laundering.

I got those too!

Yup, that's them. I wonder if we train yours here if you train ours there.

My last job: ruptured rotator cuff, 3 sprained ankles, 1 hyperextended knee, 1000+ cuts, bumps, and bruises, 1 forehead gash, bad coffee, compressed nerve in the sacrum, dislocated finger... probably posion radoactive monkeys as well... I'll have to doublecheck.

paul_valaru said:
banking, money laundering.

I got those too!

You work in a bank?

PT - dunno if they train ours there, quite possible - perhaps they all train in Siberia & then get deployed worldwide...or they are all from some factory in Germany?

I work for a stock broker, and also manage properties

the broker pasrt has so many rules we where fined $10,000 for a slight mis-print in an ad, we said stocks, and insurance in the same radio spot

we sell both, but you can't say both at once, stupid rules

paul_valaru said:
I work for a stock broker, and also manage properties

the broker pasrt has so many rules we where fined $10,000 for a slight mis-print in an ad, we said stocks, and insurance in the same radio spot

we sell both, but you can't say both at once, stupid rules

That's just stupid. Would be like us not being able to say we sell incestments, property finance & vehivle finance in the same sentence.

Well, all the products have their own ads anyway :shrug:

i have nothing to worry about except the professional libaility lasting for min 7 years.

Back