what should i do with the wedding dress?

tonksy

i just found it...time and humidity has not been kind....i really don't believe i want to save it for 20 years on the off chance that one of my daughters wants to wear it...should i just chuck it? thats what i want to do but i think i'd better think it over first....stupid dress is gorgeous though....

Gosh. Regardless, I'd save it. Just save it. You know you want to. It won't take up that much space. Even if you have to vaccum pack it or roll it up and stick it in a tupperware. Just save it.

:D

i'm not a saver....i already have so much clutter...seems like a silly thing to keep...now that it's over...you know? but i suppose i could save the head piece...i already tossed the petticoat....crinoline is bulky and cheap.

here's some pics:

Was the first of two attachments a "posed " shot or a "Candid Snap" .I have several SLRs and I'm always asked to bring them to weddings,but I prefer to stay away from the posed ones especially if the have a Pro Photog there.I much prefer to try and catch those moments that are unexpected ,but memorable .

[edit] BTW ,very nice dress ,but I imagine it would be a pain to store[/edit]

um...sorta posed. we didn't have a professional photographer...just uncle don who is not too shabby...i was hoping this would cut back on the amount of time i spent in front of the camera but i still ended up feeling like one of those cardboard cutouts that everyone poses with...

Damn. That's a dress. Yeah, Tonks, I'd definately say save it. :nod:

* Rose is jealous of the dress

actually i was thinking christmas ornaments.....cut the dress and paste the fabric and sequins to styrofoam balls...and tassels etc...got the idea from my husbands aunt...she made his cousins wedding dress and for christmas gave her ornaments made out of the extra pieces. i thought it was sweet....i was going to dye it purple when we were getting involved in a mardi gras krewe, in hope that i would one day be mardi gras queen (of that krewe anyway) but that never panned out.....sigh.

That is a beautiful dress. I would keep it, only for the fact that it probably cost a whole bunch of $$, and maybe it will have sentimental value for your daughters.

I wouldn't know though, I don't have a "wedding" dress, the dress I wore for my wedding is beautiful, but I wanted one I could wear on other occassions too, like on a fancy dinner, so my dress isn't a traditional white wedding dress. I just hope I can fit into it again so I can wear it to a fancy dinner :D

talk about fitting into wedding dresses. mine is a 'tie on' sarong. if I outgrow it ... gosh. i might make the world's tubbiest female. *nods*

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I threw away my wedding jeans long ago...they wore out. :tardbang:

Squiggy said:
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I threw away my wedding jeans long ago...they wore out. :tardbang:
that's my plan! if i ever get suckered into it again...i wanna do it in jeans and barefeet...always did want to...damn men!

Wear it around the house and carry a bouquet to show your husband the utter devotion you have to this union of yours. Also wear a huge smile with eyes wide open when around your husband while in that dress.

IDLEchild said:
Wear it around the house and carry a bouquet to show your husband the utter devotion you have to this union of yours. Also wear a huge smile with eyes wide open when around your husband while in that dress.
um...no.

tonks said:
my utter devotion? you should.....since we're splitting. keep up.

Well, thats an unusual on the mark for me.

I assure you it was a mere reply of wry humor or dry humor.

Back