what should i do with the wedding dress?

She's a hottie!

Hottie.JPG

A lot of people make crazy quilts out of their wedding dresses. That way their daughters will be able to kepp them even if they don't want to wear them.

If you don't quiilt, you might be able to find someone to do it for you, but it might be expensive I dunno. I have never commisioned a quilt like that before.

Just because the 'marriage' is over, it doesn’t
diminish the wedding. Rarely does a woman
look more vibrant than on her first
wedding day lol

Here's my deal: should I get married again, I'd be inclined to just have two people in the waiting room at the county clerk's office sign the paper to be the witnesses and just have it done there in the office. But chances are whoever I'd marry would probably want a big ceremony. At least I know hwat went wrong with my first one so I know what mistakes to not make again.

When Erik and I get married, we will prolly do a courthouse signing and then do a small ceremony for our friends and family. I want a nice dress (non of this thousands of dollars bullshit) and some flowers outside somewhere pretty and a kick ass reception. :D

My dress from my first wedding is so fugly, but I think I might turn into a keepsake crazy quilt for my daughter. I may not want the dress, but it is still apart of her life.

**ack** this old thread?

well, i did toss the old thing...hopefully it made a nice dress for some goodwill shopper.

and thank you, winky :blush:

By "goodwill" do you mean what we Brits call a charity shop?

Cos thats exactly what I would do...

When I was a member of the rock scene... it was the norm for the under age, under educated, unemployed, piss poor couples to get hitched. A number of the girls had to wear second hand dresses and they did look beautiful... at least for that one day they felt and looked special (the tattoos didn't quite go with the Ivory taffetta... but that was just my taste!) A kid and 18 months later they were divorced... but for that one day... probably the best day of their young lives.

So you've hopefully given someone not as fortunate as yourself something that they'll cherish for a lifetime... or for as long as that kind of thing (marriage) lasts these days!

I just hope that if whoever has the dress next gets divorced, she's kind enough to pass the dress on, just as Tonksy was kind enough to pass the dress on to her.

PrincessLissa said:
do a small ceremony for our friends and family. (non of this thousands of dollars bullshit) a kick ass reception. :D
There that's ideal for me^^^^!!!! Actually, "IF"....being the key word....I ever do get married...I would like a sunset wedding on the beach...casual beachwear dress,barefeet, no preist,preacher,minister,etc......no churches this time, And "One Hellava Kick Ass Reception"! :D

Inkara1 said:
I just hope that if whoever has the dress next gets divorced, she's kind enough to pass the dress on, just as Tonksy was kind enough to pass the dress on to her.

If wedding dresses could speak... I wonder what they'd say?

"For the love of God! If I see another aisle... just throw me in the bin/trash!"

probably! :D

Back