What would you do with one hundred billion dollars?

HeXp£Øi±

What would you do if all of a sudden you inherited $100,000,000,000.00?
Think seriously about it. Get high on the idea and tell us what you would do.

Still thinking...

Seriously?

I would donate nearly all of it. Keep a bit to live comfortably the rest of my life, but donate the rest.

Invest it in shares, make it work for me. From the profits, I'd make ongoing donations to the charities of my choice.

1. Be 100% debt free by nightfall.

2. Make my parents, siblings, and in-laws 100% debt free, and retire from my job by noon the next day.

3. Hire top notch restorationists to completely renovate our home, while we spent the six months on vacation.

4. Fully fund the housebrat's college fund, as well as that of the 2 neices.

5. Own a fully restored, built to my specifications 1966 Ford Fairlane.

6. Calculate the remainder.

7. Donate 20% as follows: Half that amount to church, the other half split between Special Olympics, Friends Of The Great Smoky Mountains Conservation Society, the Appalachian Trail Maintainence organizations, and the Birthplace Of Country Music Preservation Society for the advancement of traditional Appalachian music preservation.

8. Invest 2/3 of balance in a well distributed portfolio.

9. Calculate remainder.

10. Open a small business or three of my choosing to occupy my time.

11. Live off the interest from the investments, and simply enjoy the rest of the cash.

12. Do a whole lot of fishing and hiking.

I would probably do the same as PC. Also I would make sure for all my parents have given me, they would never have to worry about money again.

SouthernN'Proud said:
1. Be 100% debt free by nightfall.

2. Make my parents, siblings, and in-laws 100% debt free, and retire from my job by noon the next day.

3. Hire top notch restorationists to completely renovate our home, while we spent the six months on vacation.

4. Fully fund the housebrat's college fund, as well as that of the 2 neices.

5. Own a fully restored, built to my specifications 1966 Ford Fairlane.

6. Calculate the remainder.

7. Donate 20% as follows: Half that amount to church, the other half split between Special Olympics, Friends Of The Great Smoky Mountains Conservation Society, the Appalachian Trail Maintainence organizations, and the Birthplace Of Country Music Preservation Society for the advancement of traditional Appalachian music preservation.

8. Invest 2/3 of balance in a well distributed portfolio.

9. Calculate remainder.

10. Open a small business or three of my choosing to occupy my time.

11. Live off the interest from the investments, and simply enjoy the rest of the cash.

12. Do a whole lot of fishing and hiking.

You must have already had that all written down.
:laugh5:

Charities would see a good chunk of it... though I'd establish a shelter/school/office for those who are on the streets and who want to get off the streets and back into 'normal' society. A combination of free housing (temporary), a school to teach marketeable skills, people to help restore Soc.Ins# and medicare numbers etc..., an office to process whatever forms are needed to get people back on their feet, teachers to help create CVs and teach people how to work through an interview, a room with fax machines, photocopiers and web-access for applications, 3 square meals/day and a councellor for those with emotional issues. One in each major metropolitan center in North America to start.

Pay off all my debts and those of my immediate family...that's a given. RESP's for my kid and my godchildren.

Invest the rest and use a portion on myself and a portion for small-business loans (interest free).

Either that or spend half on hot women and cold beer and just squander the rest. :D

**Last option - buy a country outright.
MrBishop....el presidenté for life!

Buy an Island, build and live there.

No donations, sorry, I'd start companies in undeveloped countries to make employement for them, thou, everybody would be payed fairly well, not like most exploiting companies.

i'd just fuck around. do what i like. live where i please. be a total slacker...a well funded slacker.

Wouldn't want that kind of money, so i'd get rid of most of it. Charities of various kind, I dunno. I'd try to put it to good use somewhere.

Then, of course, mom, pop and siblings would get a nice chunk each. A nice sum goes to secure the kiddo's future.

And then.. Well, I'd buy a house, some decent furniture, get me a license, get me a small car, a man.. no wait, they don't have those at the mall..

What else? Yes, travel. Go to Iceland, Ireland, ... eh... Well, all kinda places that aren't too sunny.

And then I'd study more. Some language, perhaps. Linguistics. Computer Science.

Invest heavily & help people...not institutions...by putting as many humans to work as possible (doing what you ask? why, making more money for me, of course). The employees would work hard & live well or work poorly & starve.

Professur said:
Buy a small country, and hunt the natives for sport.

:grinno:

:gun2:
runaway.gif

I am so jealous.
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Legendary investor Warren Buffett had nothing but praise Friday for Procter & Gamble Co.'s $57 billion deal to buy Gillette, which helped him make about $645 million -- in one day.

Of course that's only a small part of the profit he's made on his holdings over the 16 years or so he's held the stake in Gillette (Research).

Based on an initial investment of $600 million by his Berkshire Hathaway (Research) holding company in 1989, the investment has seen a gain of more than $4.4 billion, not counting dividends. That works out to about a 14 percent compounded annual return.

I would turn into a James Bond super villain with a posh accent and an eyepatch ... probably tyrranize humanity with a giant laser or something.

1. Buy a house.
2. Do lots of investing.
3. Build a 1966 Fairlane convertible that's better than SnP's. :D

Back