What's the youngest you've pretended to be, and gotten away with?

StuTheWise

One of my coworkers is always harrassing me about my age, even though he's only 5 years younger than me. This despite the fact that when I first started working here, my bosses took all of us to Hooters on my 30th birthday. They asked me how old I was. I told them I was turning 22. Not a single person raised an eyebrow.

Later that same year, they sent me to a tradeshow in Vegas. I stayed at the Mirage, where I was carded by a blackjack dealer.

It's getting a lot harder to pretend I'm 21 now that I'm 32. But I'm being sent to Vegas in June, and I'm gonna give it another try!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
People thought I was in first year during Frosh week of this year...I'm in 4th year...I was 21 turning 22 and the Frosh were all just turned 18 or turning 18. When I went to get my hair cut one day the lady thought I was in highschool. I take offense to it...I'm 22 and that's a fine age...I don't want people to think I'm in highschool.

StuTheWise

Well shoot Winky, and here I thought you were a 20-year old girl that just got a cheap new webcam! :D

Nixy, take it as a good sign. When you're 40, you'll be glad (or so I'm told). Although, even when I was 20, I delighted in pretending to be a high schooler. I guess I'm just sick.

simplyred

I've always looked older. When I was 13 I passed for 18. Now that I'm almost 30 I am hoping the time warp will happen and I will be mistaken for someone younger.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
simplyred said:
I've always looked older. When I was 13 I passed for 18. Now that I'm almost 30 I am hoping the time warp will happen and I will be mistaken for someone younger.

I happened to me...I always looked older than I was. I've been buying lottery tickets since I was about 14 or 15 without any questions. Shortly after I turned 19 I was rarely being carded at the liquorstore...I'm now 22 and the frequency which I get carded hasn't really changed. It's like I turned 19 and stopped aging. Actually, you can look at pics as far back as when I was 13 and I haven't changed much...I think 18 or 19 was the age where I looked my age and now I look younger than my age.

simplyred

Well, at 21 and 22 I looked like I was in my late 20's...or so I've been told. The only thing that really looks different IMO is my weight! Age makes you fat. :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
people have thought I was in my early 20's all the way to my early 40's, some people think my face looks young, but i gots lotsa grey

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
people have thought I was in my early 20's all the way to my early 40's, some people think my face looks young, but i gots lotsa grey

Your face DOES look young!

rrfield

before i grew a beard and got my haircut i got carded all the time, even though i have a receeding hairline. im 26, people told me i looked about 19. now, post haircut and post not shaving for a week people say i look 35.

Professur

I couldn't pass for 16, when I was 16. Used to piss me off no end, my older brother getting into movies cheaper than I could.

simplyred

paul_valaru said:

I know what you mean about the grey! The bottle is not just for fun anymore! :mope:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
Your face DOES look young!

Leslie says I look like a terrorist!

and not no IRA terrorist

but the wrinkles have sorta started, now I have to go metrosexual and start using mosterizing crap
:(

but I am still a manly man!!! (so no goddamn whip smilies)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
simplyred said:
I know what you mean about the grey! The bottle is not just for fun anymore! :mope:

yeah, I do dye it every now and then, of course no colour that can be found in nature

HomeLAN

Not in my world.

There are many, many situations in which the screwing you're getting isn't worth the screwing you're getting - catch my meaning? Real men recognize those. :lloyd: Being forced to use "moisturizing products" has crossed the border, dude.

Dave

people have always thought i was younger than i was. still do. i'll correct them when the subject comes up.