Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Not really

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Eh? Biking?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Do you wear a helmet? I'm not talking motorcycles, but just casual biking to a friend or the store or something. :)

I don't, but sometimes I make the kids, especially the boys when they're setting up the ramp on the side of my Minivan. I figure it might save me a couple bucks at the ER. :shrug:

should wear one though. save yourself a few trips to the ER. CAT scans aren't cheap.

Spot said:
should wear one though. save yourself a few trips to the ER. CAT scans aren't cheap.
Canada doesn't have CAT scans. :p But yes, I know I should wear one, but I'm really not all that big into safety. Heh.

Spot said:
Canada doesn't have CAT scans.

:confuse3: :confuse3:
If it is free, it ain't worth getting. You wait months for something like that... But we are privately insured, internationally. If shit happens, I go to the USA if possible. I've seen better treatment in third world countries.

Anyways, so has anyone done dirt biking? Mountain biking? Or do you hardly bike at all? :p I need to buy a new bike for myself... Had to sell my last good one when I moved here to Canada. :eh: Any recommendations?

majority of CAT scans are negative anyway. do get a few positives that catch everyone off guard though.

i knew this thread would ask aboug helmets, before i even saw that it did indeed ^_^
i havent rided a bycicle in 53 years. why, back in my day, they didnt even have helmets. and we had to ride ouir bikes up-hill both wayys ... :D

i don't wear a helmet...and omg..wearing a helmet when riding a bike under 18 is mandatory in canada? :eek:

damn. i wouldn't ride then anymore. i hate those helmets...only time i wish i had one was when i was dead tired of climbing l'Alp D'Huez in France, and i was riding down with 50 miles per hour...and 21 180 deg. turns...and a truck behind me when my rear brake snapped because of the pressure.

when i got down i got one hell of a thrill though :D damn that rocked :D

No, not in Canada... Federal government doesn't have jurisdiction there. Ontario - yes. I think it is better that way... some parents are rather irresponsible and one fall could impair a kid for life.

Nope, I rarely wear it. Come to think of it I don't wear it when I'm inline skating either, which is actually more dangerous since I spend more of my time on the ground...

Squiggy said:
I invented the inline skate in 1964 and everyone laughed at me so I abandoned the idea.... :mope:

Actually I have never been able to roller skate using "normal" skates - they're just to big, clumpy and unwieldy. I learnt to inline a couple of years ago at my local rink - it's much easier.

I was never comfortable on conventional roller skates either. But I loved to ice skate. Thats what gave me the idea...

Squiggy said:
I was never comfortable on conventioal skates either. But I loved to ice skate. Thats what gave me the idea...

Well then you'll have no trouble on inlines then as you use them in much the same way, except stopping of course. Inlines have the stop at the back and it's a matter of tipping your foot up, at least that's how I was taught. It's also easier to find a roller rink than an ice rink over here. :)

Back