When mad cows get angry

MrBishop

Carnivourous cow!

Wait... WTF!!

KOLKATA, India (Reuters) -- When dozens of chickens went missing from a remote West Bengal village, everyone blamed the neighborhood dogs.

But Ajit Ghosh, the owner of the missing chickens, eventually solved the puzzle when he caught his cow -- a sacred animal for the Hindu family -- gobbling up several of them at night.

"We were shocked to see our calf eating chickens alive," Ghosh told Reuters by phone from Chandpur village, about 240 kilometers (150 miles) northwest of Kolkata.

The family decided to stand guard at night on Monday at the cow shed which also served as a hen coop, after 48 chickens went missing in a month.

"Instead of the dogs, we watched in horror as the calf, whom we had fondly named Lal, sneak to the coop and grab the little ones with the precision of a jungle cat," Gour Ghosh, his brother, said.

Local television pictures showed the cow grabbing and eating a chicken in seconds and a vet confirmed the case.

"We think lack of vital minerals in the body is causing this behavior. We have taken a look and have asked doctors to look into the case immediately," Mihir Satpathy, a district veterinary officer, said by phone.

"This strange behavior is possible in some exceptional cases," Satpathy said.

Hundreds of villagers flocked to Chandpur on Wednesday to catch a glimpse of Lal, enjoying his bundle of green grass for a change.

"The local vets said the cow was probably suffering from a disease but others said Lal was a tiger in his previous birth," Ajit added.

MrBishop

It could've been Kali in its former life....
hindu-gods-kali.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You're less a-moo-sing than you once were, but hey, don't have a cow man, I'm just bullshitting you.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Green Jello, before they got sued & became Green Jelly
Obey The Cowgod said:
Are you ready to obey the cowgod?

We live in a country, we can't eat meat
Obey the cowgod
We live in a country, where there is no, there's no Burger Kings
Obey the cowgod
We live in a country, where there is no, there's no McDonalds
Obey the cowgod

Ah dopey, dopey, dopey, dopey
I'm a cow, and I'm gonna roam through your village
And I'm gonna eat all of your food
But you don't care, because I'm a, I'm a... sacred cow!
Obey the cowgod

We live in a country, where there is no, there's no Beefcake The Mighty
Obey the cowgod
We live in a country, where there is no, there's no beef-by products
Obey the cowgod

You, on your knees
You, get on your knees
Where's those two boneheads?
Get on your knees
Hands behind your heads
And on your knees
You, on your knees
You, get on your knees
I said, on your knees
Get on your knees and pray to the cowgod

Eat my burger, for it is my flesh
And drink my milk, for it is my blood
Obey the cowgod

2minkey

bootlicker
NOT eating the cows is far more economically efficient that eating them. they provide lots of free benefits and feed on natural grasses. killing and eating them would be good short term, but long term there would be no draft animals, milk, dung for fuel...

chcr

Too cute for words
NOT eating the cows is far more economically efficient that eating them. they provide lots of free benefits and feed on natural grasses. killing and eating them would be good short term, but long term there would be no draft animals, milk, dung for fuel...

Yeah, but they fart and contribute to global warming.