Where's the redneck

If you read his posts in this thread, you'll see he was scheduled to go to Vanderbilt again on Friday. That's still today my time. In any case, Vanderbilt is pretty much on the other side of the state from his house. I'm sure he allowed a day or two for travel.

If you read his posts in this thread, you'll see he was scheduled to go to Vanderbilt again on Friday. That's still today my time. In any case, Vanderbilt is pretty much on the other side of the state from his house. I'm sure he allowed a day or two for travel.

Well, halfway across the state. Vandy is pretty much in the middle.

I have returned from Vandy. I am quite weak, infinitely exhausted, and physically and mentally drained.

I go back just after the 1st for a surgical consult, and expect the surgery to be scheduled later in June. I'll be off my feet for awhile and off work for weeks/months afterward, but the problem should be corrected at that time.

Back into hibernation I go. Adieu.

only to be awoken by a sweet kiss from a Prince?

... i nominate Altron! (he needs the practice)

well, i don't wanna repeat myself ... so i'll just go nick a tardis, ok? (It's ok - no court would ever beleive it :D )

Good luck O' man of the South far across the seas.

What some people won't do to weasel out of hosting a BBQ

I done told you...you and the famn damily are more than welcome anytime you find yourselves down this way. Chaperoning 5-12 people ain't gonna happen this summer. I got internal organs to modify. Sue me.

That pesky internal organ modification thing.
So what is the latin (medical) name of this procedure?

It's called a...ummm...well, it's....

Damned if I know. I'm not even sure which procedure will be necessary. One is called a Whipple, and I hope it ain't that. The other is something where they remove part of my pancreas (and quite possibly my spleen as a precaution) and hope the rest of it behaves well enough to keep me alive. I'll be insulin dependant, but there's worse things.

With any luck, it'll be done before the end of June and will fix this problem once and for all. The Whipple requires months of recovery time; the other requires about 6 weeks.

I actually use the weight loss as comic relief. If I didn't laugh about it I'd cry...

Since the ordeal began, I have lost 88 pounds total. After my body recovers from each attack and I'm able to actually eat I usually gain 3-4 back and maintain there. Losing that much weight is not what I wanted, or at least it wasn't the way I wanted to lose it, but it is a positive side effect in some ways. My muscle tone is kaput though...gonna have to rebuild some. I imagine the pending surgery will take a bunch off as well, so as I recuperate I'll be trying to put as much muscle on as I can.

I go back to Vanderbilt next Friday, and I expect them to schedule which ever procedure it is they decide to do. It all depends on a couple of things totally out of my control. Hopefully I will have the operation by mid-May. Hopefully it will be successful. Anything past that is gravy.

[Homer Simpson]Mmmmm...graaa-aaavy...[/Homer]

Losing that much weight so quickly you tend to lose muscle not fat. You need to eat high protein foods as my dietician has told me that I will need to after my op.

I looked up the Whipple and I hope it ain' that too!

Well if the Duke can have a lung and four ribs plucked out and keep chuggin' til he was 72 we know you can do it.

Yer at least that tough!

Duke.jpg

Back