Who killed the Electric Car?

Altron

I started to watch this then I was like "I have better shit to do than watch this liberal propaganda" and then I started posting here and reading a 442 website.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
Electricity requires energy to make, Typically it's coal or natural gas. (I'm partial to nuclear but hey, that's non-PC). So, in order to clean up our polluting automobiles, we're going to increase pollutants from our power plants?

You could get your own personal windmill to charge the batteries with. With a shield of course for the sake of the poor dumb birdies.

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:
You could get your own personal windmill to charge the batteries with. With a shield of course for the sake of the poor dumb birdies.
I think we're starting to approach Rube Goldberg territory here...

Altron

There are some cool windmills near the place in Vermont. I'll post pictures when I get back monday or tuesday. There's a whole bunch of them on a hilltop.

unclehobart

I hate electric cars. Have you ever tried replacing 4,000 AA batteries? Its a pain. Just get even one of those stupid things in backwards and it wont work.

grrr...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gonz said:
Electricity requires energy to make, Typically it's coal or natural gas. (I'm partial to nuclear but hey, that's non-PC). So, in order to clean up our polluting automobiles, we're going to increase pollutants from our power plants?

now if only we could find some way to hook up a turbine to some flowing water.....

spike

Altron said:
I started to watch this then I was like "I have better shit to do than watch this liberal propaganda" and then I started posting here and reading a 442 website.

It was on TV, did you go to the theater for it, or are you making things up?

chcr

Too cute for words
Hey, let's really build an electric car. Motor on each wheel, synchronized by computer of course, three phase 440 (I'm talking electricity) and a hydrogen fired, steam turbine generator. Feel free to add to this outline. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I see a potential problem with som ealternative fueled cars.

All this global warming will drive famine to our shores & under drought conditions who's gonna grow the E-85 corn?

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
I see a potential problem with som ealternative fueled cars.

All this global warming will drive famine to our shores & under drought conditions who's gonna grow the E-85 corn?
Nah. Given a choice between driving or starving I suspect at least 35% of Americans would choose to drive. :lol:

unclehobart

Hell. Half would willingly get hooked into Matrix pods and float in the pink goo all day if it meant not having to mow the grass.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
Hell. Half would willingly get hooked into Matrix pods and float in the pink goo all day if it meant not having to mow the grass.
Now me, I kind of enjoy mowing the grass.

unclehobart

I only mind the part near the kudzu pit. The last 5 feet of yard are at a rather steep decline and make the mower constantly try to veer into it... not to mention my ankles being kept at an uncool angle.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm calling OSHA. You're supposed to mow vertically, never ever horizontally (on a hill)