Why does electronic music suck so bad?

HeXp£Øi±

I love my electronic music but why is there so little of it worth a shit on the market today? The web is flooded with all this trance and amient stuff but most of what i like actually seems to emulate from the early mid 90's. Chemical bros were awesome in the beginning but now they're slowing down and blending into the rest of it. Underworld has made some of the most incredible stuff i've ever heard but once again i like their older stuff better. I loved the prodigies last album but i've heard two songs off their new album and it sounded weak. Am i just getting old? I really don't think so. I'm craving for outragous beats and feedback that makes most people feel like their head is about to explode.

Ok...since i'm craving please post anything new in the electronic scene here that you think is worth mentioning.
Will this void ever be filled?

i like the slow stuff just as much as the mind-blowing stuff, listened to the crystal method at all?

i like some but new music as lacemeyster said sucks cause its mostly corporate shit. i like some new stuff(disturbed although metal has been one of the better new bands). but the old stuff is good.

i enjoy
willie nelson
tool
manson
type-o negative
godhead
gwar
slayer
michelle branch
avril aveigne

this is just a wierd wierd thread....

...I've never heard of any of this stuff...

welll...except for freakos list, which wouldn't really be "electronic music", would it...

.....anyway...so now I'm off to download some of it....a little bit from all of yas...

and to think....if this thread wouldn't have been here I'd have maybe missed something worthwhile...or not...but at least I get a chance to see(hear)...

Thanks!

MADrin

Aww c'mon Mad, you've seen Hackers. It has all the good original stuff. Prodigy, chemical bros, Underworld. Thought you were a phreak.

I'm headed to the Coachella Arts and Music festival again this year near Palm Springs. It's not all electronic music but a large share of it is. Line up this year is:

The headliners for the two-day event are The Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Which day they're headlining has not yet been confirmed. Other artists appearing are indie garage rockers White Stripes, Coachella locals Queens of the Stone Age, singer/songwriter (and champion surfer) Jack Johnson, N.E.R.D. (comprising of the Neptunes, one of the most prolific and respected producers in hip hop), punk rock hipsters The Donnas, Thievery Corporation and rappers Black Eyed Peas. On the British tip hotly billed acts include the legendary Underworld, Primal Scream, Groove Armada (who'll be playing live), The Music, Dirty Vegas, Libertines and former Smith Johnny Marr.

Also appearing will be Blue Man Group, who will perform full shows on both days, Fischerspooner, who will be screening their documentary #1 and doing a Q&A with fans, the fabulous progressive dance duo from Washington, D.C. Deep Dish, funk-laden guitarist Ben Harper, Detroit techno legend Richie Hawtin, European rockers Stereo Total, the massive Polyphonic Spree, two of Mexico's hottest bands Café Tacuba and Kinky, plus Curtis, Cat Power, Soundtrack of Our Lives, Felix da Housecat, Ladytron, Ben Kweller, Joseph Arthur and a host of artists from the Def Jux label.

www.coachella.com

Back