Why is it...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
men get crap for not putting the lid down. It's an ongoing joke on TV & in advertising & when a comedian is having an off night. Toiliet humor 101-Men forget to put the lid down [add laughter here]...

Why is it that not one man in history has actually started a movement to have her put the lid up? Then the joke could be equally stupid in either direction. Why do we have to put the lid down? If it's always up, they will know they have to put it down. What's so damned special about down toilet lids anyway?

i'm not 100% certain, but i think it has something to do with her not paying attention and sitting in the water.

So, when chicks leave the toilet seat down, do you fall ass-first into the toilet in the middle of the night when the lights are off?

Okay, in our household, the whole toilet seat gets put down prior to flushing, so the germies don't end up all over the bathroom, basin, and toothbrushes. :sick: No arguments about leaving it up or down either. :shrug:

Camelyn said:
So, when chicks leave the toilet seat down, do you fall ass-first into the toilet in the middle of the night when the lights are off?

No, but having one of those furry lid covers simply adds to the amount of time it takes us to realize the lid is closed in the dark.

i always did the whole lid down thing...my mother insisted upon it...and there were no males in our household...i think she did this for the aesthetic fuzzy toilet carpet effect.

Ah, the toilet seat debate ....... an eternal inevitability.

I never felt really comfortable in a relationship until we had the If you don't shut up about the bloody toilet seat, I'll tear it off and throw it out of the fucking window!! arguement to help settle a few groundrules of living together :)

Besides, the bog lid wasn't so much a cause for arguement as me waking up drunk in the middle of the night, getting out of bed and pissing in the wardrobe was :rolleyes: ;)

Oz said:
Besides, the bog lid wasn't so much a cause for arguement as me waking up drunk in the middle of the night, getting out of bed and pissing in the wardrobe was :rolleyes: ;)
geez...and i thought having to stop my ex from pissing on the cat box was bad.....

Oz said:
Ah, the toilet seat debate ....... an eternal inevitability.

This isn't exactly about that. It's a twist. Up, down, whatever. I'm trying to get at why men don't seem so fascinated by the damned toilet lid. I understand the falling in the water argument but if men got pissy & demanded it stay up the way wimins get pissy & demand it stay down & the guy actually won that battle, your ass wouldn't get wet becaue you would KNOW it's up.

Ours is down for the sanitary reasons mentioned above so, no, I didn't get into this fight today or anytime in the past. I just happened across a commercial & it made a typical refernce to lids being down/up & it occured that men need to unite & demand the lid stay up.

This is one of many reasons I insist on separate bathrooms. One less thing to piss each other off about (pun intended).

Yeah when I used to live in a coed house we basically decided (after some distress among the ladies) that we would have a boys room and a girls room. So we made signs that said "If you are a DICK go downstairs!" and "If you are a PUSSY go upstairs!". Needless to say one bathroom became a disgusting filthy cesspool rather quickly while the other stayed relatively clean while gathering an overabundance of hair care product bottles and had a distinct lack of sports illustrateds to read.

Thulsa Doom said:
Needless to say one bathroom became a disgusting filthy cesspool rather quickly while the other stayed relatively clean while gathering an overabundance of hair care product bottles and had a distinct lack of sports illustrateds to read.

:sick: Shocking.......lasses are usually particular about things like that as well :(

Men can be trained to sit and pee you know ;) You could try that for a change, and then you wouldn't have to lift up the toilet seat.

Wacky Nacky said:
Men can be trained to sit and pee you know ;) You could try that for a change, and then you wouldn't have to lift up the toilet seat.

Here I sit,
broken-hearted,
meant to shit,
and only farted.

Promised Cam to post this..and the French say that tehy're cultured folk...feh!

This is a toilet in Paris...blew my mind how anyone can go to an expensive restaurant, go to the loo and have to deal with this!

Didin't you know the reason the French hate Americans is our plumbing. :D

Back