Wii Fit

kuulani

Ooh I want one for Xmas *bats lashes at Santa*

ʻCause even if I get bored with it (like all the other exercise crap Iʻve bought over the years), at least Iʻll have a Wii *write christmas wish list to santa*

spike

I have Wii Fit. It's pretty cool and does give you a reasonable workout.

Also more games are starting to make use of the balance board. I just got Shaun White snowboarding which is a blast with the board.

GrandCaravanSE

Silly people think they can get in shape cause' of the "Wii fit" board. you know that you can go and run outside too.

spike

I go to the gym a couple/few times a week too. However the Wii Fit has a lot more exercises than running. Some people enjoy getting exercise virtual snowboarding, playing balance games, or having a yoga instructor. However you choose get exercise that works for you and keeps you doing it. *shrug*

BeardofPants

I go to the gym a couple/few times a week too. However the Wii Fit has a lot more exercises than running. Some people enjoy getting exercise virtual snowboarding, playing balance games, or having a yoga instructor. However you choose get exercise that works for you and keeps you doing it. *shrug*

I go to the gym on the base and have scary big-ass mother-fucker navy PTIs shouting at me. Does the trick. :erm:

chcr

Too cute for words
I have Wii Fit. It's pretty cool and does give you a reasonable workout.

Also more games are starting to make use of the balance board. I just got Shaun White snowboarding which is a blast with the board.
...but you have to lean the wrong way. I know that's how a snowboard works but I can't get used to it.
Silly people think they can get in shape cause' of the "Wii fit" board. you know that you can go and run outside too.
I could run down the no-shoulder highway I live on with cars and trucks blasting by at 70+ mph, if I had a death wish (and better knees and ankles). Point is, when I went to the gym I got a lot of dumb-ass questions about what I was "really" doing there. Since I don't want a divorce it's much more peaceful to do 20 minutes of yoga and strength exercises and 40 minutes of cardio every day right there where she can see what I'm doing. Besides, this way I actually do it every day and that's the most important part, don't you think? :shrug:

GrandCaravanSE

Balance is all the Wii fit board is, you don't get in shape from Yoga, or from fake snowboarding, you buy a cheap tredmill, or find one in the garbage, and use that. And i am sure that somebody you know has a weight lifting machine, so you can build some muscle.

I could run down the no-shoulder highway I live on with cars and trucks blasting by at 70+ mph, if I had a death wish (and better knees and ankles). Point is, when I went to the gym I got a lot of dumb-ass questions about what I was "really" doing there. Since I don't want a divorce it's much more peaceful to do 20 minutes of yoga and strength exercises and 40 minutes of cardio every day right there where she can see what I'm doing. Besides, this way I actually do it every day and that's the most important part, don't you think?

You don't have to run down your highway, you can buy this invention called a tredmill. what does a divorce have to do with working out anyway. you maybe more flexible with the Wii yoga, but you age for sure not getting a real workout. the only named it the "Wii Fit" because it makes people think that they are gettting a workout from it. for older people in retirement homes that is differnt, they should try to remain active even if it is just fake snowboarding.

chcr

Too cute for words
Balance is all the Wii fit board is, you don't get in shape from Yoga, or from fake snowboarding, you buy a cheap tredmill, or find one in the garbage, and use that. And i am sure that somebody you know has a weight lifting machine, so you can build some muscle.

You don't have to run down your highway, you can buy this invention called a tredmill. what does a divorce have to do with working out anyway. you maybe more flexible with the Wii yoga, but you age for sure not getting a real workout. the only named it the "Wii Fit" because it makes people think that they are gettting a workout from it. for older people in retirement homes that is differnt, they should try to remain active even if it is just fake snowboarding.

You're the expert. :rolleyes:

Like tonks, I can't run. Knees and ankles injured multiple times (I suppose I was an amateur athelete until my mid thirties). I do use an elliptical trainer and I lift weights as well. The Wii Fit gives me some other exercises that I wouldn't otherwise be doing. I certainly don't believe that only doing the Fit will get me in shape. Given the choice between no exercise at all and using the Wii, wouldn't you suggest using the Wii for most people?

Professur

One great way to get exercise is to tie a rope around your neck, slam the other end in the door of a car and have it drive around the block a few times. Great motivation. You never, ever see quitters with this method.

spike

Actually you can get in shape from yoga and and virtual snowboarding will make you sweat your ass off. Also the Wii Fit has more than balance. It has strength, and cardio training too.

Seems obvious that you've never used it at this point.

Actually the Wii Fit has a more balanced all around workout than you can get from a treadmill. Again, it seems you haven't actually tried all the exercises or you would know this.

nalani

Actually you can get in shape from yoga and amd vitual snowboarding will make you sweat your ass off. Also the Wii Fit has more than balanace. It has strength, and cardio training too.

Actually the Wii Fit has a more balance all around workout than you can get froma treadmill. Again, it seems you haven't actuallly tried al the exercises or you would know this.

Wow .. didn't take you long at all to turn an innocent 'Christmas Wish List' post into an opportunity to be insulting and partonizing, did it? Seriously bad form. Keep your crappy attitude in TRW. It's not wanted there either but at least it's tolerated.

GrandCaravanSE

You're the expert. :rolleyes:

Like tonks, I can't run. Knees and ankles injured multiple times (I suppose I was an amateur athelete until my mid thirties). I do use an elliptical trainer and I lift weights as well. The Wii Fit gives me some other exercises that I wouldn't otherwise be doing. I certainly don't believe that only doing the Fit will get me in shape. Given the choice between no exercise at all and using the Wii, wouldn't you suggest using the Wii for most people?

Old people, and kids, the siomple fact is that the "Wii Fit" does not get you fit.

Actually you can get in shape from yoga and amd vitual snowboarding will make you sweat your ass off. Also the Wii Fit has more than balanace. It has strength, and cardio training too.

I have and it is dumb, You get more strength from lifting an Xbox 360 controller

Actually the Wii Fit has a more balance all around workout than you can get froma treadmill. Again, it seems you haven't actuallly tried al the exercises or you would know this.

yes i have used the stupid "fit board" this is no substitute for a real workout.

Wow .. didn't take you long at all to turn an innocent 'Christmas Wish List' post into an opportunity to be insulting and partonizing, did it? Seriously bad form. Keep your crappy attitude in TRW. It's not wanted there either but at least it's tolerated.

Thank you, +1 even though i am kinda egging him on.

spike

Hey, how about you take a second to notice that I wasn't being insulting OR patronizing. Unless you consider pointing out that Caravan probably has never used a Wii Fit as an insult. That would be kind of ridiculous.

Take note also that Caravan's comments were derisive and sarcastic and that my response was factual.

So save the bitching for someplace more appropriate.