Wikipedia is absolutely factual...

Say liberal once & those of that persuasion get offended & begin ranting about being labeled. We all fall into categories that make rapid identification easier.

Some of us have no problem with that because we know we aren't the group.

hmmm... yeah, um, lotsa times "liberal" is used dismissively and as a way to avoid debate/as an ad hominem attack.

what's really funny is when it's used in that way as a counter to folks that aren't liberal, or aren't suggesting anyhting particulalry liberal.

but hey, i guess it doesn't really bother me. i know how i vote...

Since liberalism, as its evolved since the Truman days, is kissing cousins with communism & tends to protect dictators & tyrants, it is destestable, thus most of the arguments are dismissible. When folks are suggesting things that are in line with that ideology, the term may fit.

The opposite is also true...those of us with this particular base of ideologies don't cringe from them. We'll be glad to explain, in detail, to those who don't, or won't, see the point. However, suffering fools is not in the job description.

Sometimes, it's just easier to make a point with one line that is less tame than to carry on over paragraphs.

It's my job to spread enlightenment. The joy they'll find upon realizing, and admitting & discarding their erroneous ideals is sinful.

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Then why do you only find fault, spread fascist ideology, hypocrisy, and ignorance?

When will you learn to make your own posts instead of restructuring others?

Damn those Catholics. The attrocities they've heaped upon mankind is...is...is....hell I don't know but their stories sure are something else. They should repent.

Since liberalism, as its evolved since the Truman days, is kissing cousins with communism & tends to protect dictators & tyrants, it is destestable, thus most of the arguments are dismissible. When folks are suggesting things that are in line with that ideology, the term may fit.

The opposite is also true...those of us with this particular base of ideologies don't cringe from them. We'll be glad to explain, in detail, to those who don't, or won't, see the point. However, suffering fools is not in the job description.

Sometimes, it's just easier to make a point with one line that is less tame than to carry on over paragraphs.

OH NO THE COMMIES ARE BACK! i thought we only had to worry about them arab crazies now! better dust off my boy scout handbook so i can survive out in the wilderness after RED DAWN!

(exactly the kind of comic book response that your comic book view of the world deserves.)

From your link Wikipedia uses the catholic encyclopedia as one source to define catholic ideology. I'm sure the catholic encyclopedia is a good source to find out what catholics are told to believe.

Kinda falls apart when you try to use it to justify multiple genocides though.

Do not just look at the first page. It is also used about the Crusades. Wikipedia's article is also in agreement that the Crusades were started in defense against the attacking Muslims. :D

How could the Muslims be attacking anyone? They were living poeaceably in Spain. Ugh, I thought Spain was in Europe. ;)

Do not just look at the first page. It is also used about the Crusades. Wikipedia's article is also in agreement that the Crusades were started in defense against the attacking Muslims. :D

That's not really what it says but I see how you could didtort it that way.

You missed the unprovoked violence in the 2nd paragrph too.

usually against pagans[citation needed] and those considered by the Catholic Church to be heretics, for a mixture of religious, economic, and political reasons

Face it, catholics wanted to spread their faith through violence and genocide.

Citations needed = unfounded unreliable information posted by some twit with an agenda. Like most stuff there.

Sinbad still dead?

That's not really what it says but I see how you could didtort it that way.

Distorted? It is crystal clear:

The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by Christians from 1095-1291, usually sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom,[1] with the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule and originally launched in response to a call from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuq Turks into Anatolia.[2][3][Emphasis mine]

You missed the unprovoked violence in the 2nd paragrph too.

I did not miss it. It is irrelevant. Let's take a look:

The term is also used to describe contemporaneous and subsequent campaigns conducted through the 16th century in territories outside the Levant[4],[Emphasis mine] usually against pagans[citation needed] and those considered by the Catholic Church to be heretics, for a mixture of religious, economic, and political reasons.[5]

The term "Crusade" is being used loosely. Other popular movements that were called "Crusades" were not officially crusades and were not sanctioned by the Catholic Church.

Face it, catholics wanted to spread their faith through violence and genocide.

Nice try. :grinno:

No trying, it's pretty blatant. Maybe we should keep this discussion in the other thread through.

It is not blatant according to your "trustworthy" source. Also, if a war gets derailed down the road, it does not negate the just cause of that war. Keep that in mind as you prepare your reply.

It is blatant according to that and many other sources.

I'm not sure what your war reference has to do with catholic conducted genocide. Prevent a supposed war by slaughtering those who believe differently? Good plan.

You really have to quit being a hypocrit about sources. I quit using wikipedia many posts back in the other thread. Now it's your turn to quit with the catholic biased sites.

Back