You're dead. Pick a door.

• Heaven

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Purgatory

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Hell. (warm day, isn't it)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
You don't know how to work it as in operate it, or don't know how to make it work as in, you've hooked it up but it's still not working?

You know that you have to set the VCR channel to auxillary, right? We had trouble with ours until we figured that out, and then when my sister got one last year she couldn't get it to work until I told her that.

greenfreak said:
Ards, I take it you liked Chocolat?? :)

Absolutely!! Fantastic movie... Juliet Binoche is a gorgeous woman. The story was great. It had a superb ending...

Yeah... I like it. :D

greenfreak said:
Speaking of... I have to go have my chocolate raspberry cake now... :cool:

:hmm:

yer lucky I don't like raspberries...

Ardsgaine said:
You know that you have to set the VCR channel to auxillary
The VCR broke when we put a bad tape in it from the video store:mad:
...but the DVD player is the problem. I don't have the original remote and we can't figure out how to set the damn thing to aux on the TV

Try turning the channel on the tv to 00. Some of them work that way.

I know:(
...the old boy insisted I buy this damn DVD player so we could watch his DVD's when he comes over and it just sits there on it's shelf of the entertainment center...sneering at me:grumpy:

Hmmmm, if I did believe in heaven and hell, I'd definatly go to hell. I've done alot of bad things, even today.

Or I could turn into a ghost, kinda like in the movie "Casper" :headbang:

Q said:
PuterTutor said:
I didn't see this yesterday. I'll give it a shot:headbang:

on my TV "00" is the same as hitting "video" which is what the DVD and VCR need. If this doesn't work let us know, we'll get it figured out.

...and Chocolat was ok, but I didn't think it was all that.

Q said:
PuterTutor said:
I didn't see this yesterday. I'll give it a shot:headbang:

That's what I have to do with mine, I damn near took it back before I figured it out.

My DVD goes automatically on AV2 via a scart, my VCR is on AV1 and tuned to channel 9 with the handset via that funny litle rf lead(It's a pain on scart the sound is really annoying). Unfortunately my video doesn't vid the AV channels so I can't backup DVDs to tape on the TV(pia :(). :)

Aunty Em said:
Unfortunately my video doesn't vid the AV channels so I can't backup DVDs to tape on the TV(pia :(). :)

You'd have a problem with that due to a little copy protection system called Macrovision.

Macrovision Video protection
The DVD copy protection process is activated during DVD authoring, and is transparent to the picture on original disc playback. However, when individuals attempt to make a copy on a VCR, the technology is designed to distort the unauthorized copy to such an extent that the copy will generally have no entertainment value.

How Does DVD Copy Protection Work?
Rights owners seeking to copy protect their programs would instruct their authoring facility to set certain digital-analog copy protection trigger bits to "on." When the disc is played back in a consumer's home, these trigger bits activate a Macrovision-enabled digital-analog converter chip inside the player. The chip then applies copy protection to the analog output of the DVD player. This allows for transparent viewing of the original program, but causes copies made on most VCRs to be substantially degraded.

Back