Wine

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Yep, grappa can be lethal.... But what a beautiful way to die... :love3:

found this available locally, have you had it? sounds GORGEOUS! but out of my price range, unfortunately (and it was the cheapest one from Inniskillin :crying4: )

Inniskillin Vidal Blanc "Icewine" Niagara Peninsula
Extremely concentrated aromas featuring candied fruits-lychee, melon and guava, enhanced with notes of raisin and vanilla. This wine bursts on your palate showcasing ripe exotic fruits followed by a coasting of tangerine and stone fruits.

$49.99 per 375ml Bottle, $284.49 per Case of 6

Vintage: 2000
Category: Vidal Blanc
Region: Ontario
Color: Sweet
Appellation: Niagara Peninsula

that is where we went, one of them anyway, it's fun, they let you tste the wines, they only charge for tasting icewine.

I was a bit tipsy after the 2nd winery

oh, the price, well, we paid a little less than that, like $45 in canadian (so 30 us)

it's pricy, but you drink so little of it

but they have a brocure, for non ice or dessert wines, a case, shipped to you is like $60

paul_valaru said:
that is where we went, one of them anyway, it's fun, they let you tste the wines, they only charge for tasting icewine.

I was a bit tipsy after the 2nd winery

oh, the price, well, we paid a little less than that, like $45 in canadian (so 30 us)

it's pricy, but you drink so little of it

but they have a brocure, for non ice or dessert wines, a case, shipped to you is like $60

I'll check it out. I've been to loads of wine tastings, both at vineyards and at private homes, and I've learned that it's best to spit into the buckets provided if you want to get the full benefit of tasting the wine.

Ms Ann Thrope said:
I'll check it out. I've been to loads of wine tastings, both at vineyards and at private homes, and I've learned that it's best to spit into the buckets provided if you want to get the full benefit of tasting the wine.

I was in it for the buzz, I like wine, but I'm no somolier (sp?)

paul_valaru said:

Inniskillin was a little pricy. The best prices were found at Magnotta. Not expensive to get it off their website.

paul_valaru said:

Sommelier? A wine steward in a restaurant.

Maybe the word you're looking for is "oenophile" (also spelled enophile): One who appreciates and enjoys wine. A collector of wine.

Uki Chick said:
Inniskillin was a little pricy. The best prices were found at Magnotta. Not expensive to get it off their website.

Do they ship to the US? My local wine merchant doesn't appear to carry it. Got a link?

paul_valaru said:
hey, you forgot Canadian wines

I love the niagara regoin wines, did the whole tour, visited the vineyards, bought some ice wine (really good in a really small amount)
I grew up in upstate New York, and I agree. Some of the Niagra area whites are excellent. The climate's not warm enough for growing really good red wine grapes though. They have some, but they always seem a little thin and bitter to me. I usually like a good chenin blanc, chablis or beajolais for friendly drinking purposes. Gotta have a good chianti with pasta though. Most other food I'd rather have beer than wine. That probably makes me a heathen but I'm past caring. :)

PT, how's the bouquet on the twist off cap of the MD20/20? Anyone remember Boone's Farms (now there was some sickening shit)?

chcr said:
Most other food I'd rather have beer than wine. That probably makes me a heathen but I'm past caring. :)

I love beer, too, not just wine. *handonhip

Belgian Trappist beer, German Weiss beer, English ales, and a myriad of microbrews.... :licklips:

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Thanks for the link, but their prices look the same or higher than the Inniskillin I can get here. Plus my friends usually extend a discount whenever I buy from them, so I may just stay local on this. :swing:
or...there's one about 40 minutes away from me...you could come to ski country for a weekend :D

Leslie said:
or...there's one about 40 minutes away from me...you could come to ski country for a weekend :D

y'know, that's a good idea :grinyes:

I've got a cousin in Ontario getting married in February... I could tell my boss I'm going to the wedding and go xc skiing with you instead! :D :cool:

See if you can find any wines from the Paso Robles area. I grew up there and it's an up-and-coming wine region. You're probably most likely to find Eberle, Arciero or Martin & Weyrich if you're not in the Paso Robles area, though.

Paso Robles Vintners and Growers Association: http://www.pasowine.com/

Inkara1 said:
See if you can find any wines from the Paso Robles area. I grew up there and it's an up-and-coming wine region. You're probably most likely to find Eberle, Arciero or Martin & Weyrich if you're not in the Paso Robles area, though.

Paso Robles Vintners and Growers Association: http://www.pasowine.com/

I've had wine from Paso Robles; Eberle and J Lohr spring to mind. Pretty good. I like the Italian varietals that come from there (Sangiovese and Barbera), as well as the Viognier. Not a fan of most California Cabs, though. I've had a few from Napa that I liked, but they tend to be too "New World" for my taste. Zins, on the other hand, I love. My favorites would all come from Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma, though, not the Central Coast. :)

mmmmm did someone mention wine?
I really love wine(prefered over most alcholic beverages) Favs are BIG reds.
a cab or merlot is great for sitting around shooting the shit in the evening.
lately i have been hitting the ports and creme sherries though.
I dont buy much of any, most of mine are just that, mine. A friend and i make our own and enter many contest. we are in a wine club together also. we have been doiing this for 9 years and enjoy it immensly.

anything in a box. :D

no, actually i'm with leslie, wine stirs up some quesy memories. mostly i think it was the "2L of boones farm " incident :sick:

Back