Wishing All Happy Thanksgiving!

chatty kathy

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Me -testing my home made rice pudding- and have the greatest recipe and if anyone would care to have the recipe let me know.
Hmmmm-think maybe i'll get some karma for this one-I read all the time and rarely post.
Ciya's -Have a good one.

Mare

Turnips and sweet potato's baked in the oven with melted butter on them, ohhhh , getting hungry now.

Come on peeps-lets give Chatty Kath some karma for this..... :lol2:

tonksy

turkey, cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, 2 kinds of green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole...but mine has no marshmallows, it's pecans and brown sugar, pumpkin pie, and pecan pie. the last three always come out the best for me though. guess i cook sweet.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
chatty kathy said:
Hmmmm-think maybe i'll get some karma for this one-I read all the time and rarely post.

ummmmmyeah that's what everyone gets karma for...sure...

:alienhuh:

chatty kathy

Here ya go spot

1 Cup Rice....white long grain......1 1/2 Cup Water....Bring to a boil....then simmer for 15 min....stirring constantly.... Add 4 Cups of milk. 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of sugar, Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 min. Add 1 can evaporated milk, 1 cup of raisins (if desired) bring to a boil and simmer again.....Beat 3 eggs, 1 tespoon of vanilla, add to the above....stirring constanly till eggs are cooked .....Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon....let cool or eat warm.....one of the creamiest puddings you will have...ENJOY!!!!! and thanks for the karma! :D

Ms Ann Thrope

I've always loved Thanksgiving because it's one holiday where you don't need to send greeting cards or buy gifts. :p It's simply about enjoying a good meal with the people in your life. At this point, the meal is shared with friends instead of family, for which I am indeed grateful. :D

That said, my favorite dish to make is Tourte de Citrouille (Pumpkin Tart with Prunes). The recipe was inspired by Elizabeth David. And before anyone makes a joke about the prunes, let me just say that they are simmered in Calvados.... :love:

greenfreak

Turnips rule.

God damn I love turnips. My mother spoiled us, making them every year. I tried to make them one year with Rusty and it was horrible, we did everything wrong. I even ended up with a wounded thumb from the knife.

But my Mommy promised me that she's going to make them for all of us this year. YAY FOR TURNIPS!!!!