Wow!

Did it used to be the pinkie until one day a woman slept with a horse and from then on the human race had more fingers?

Yes. Before the battle of Agincourt, the French thought they'd beat us so they said they were gonna chop off the middle finger of every captured Englishman - without which they wouldn't be able to use the bow and arrow. Then we whipped their asses and waved are middle fingers at them to piss them off.

Yeah... that was the origin of the British "V-sign". I guess the US just copied it and got it wrong. Either that or they are into arse-play.

Neither is that bad though... the French have "Va te faire foutre/bras d'honneur" which involves your whole fucking arm and clenched fist. Nasty... :sick:

Nah, that Agincourt thing was just for the middle finger only. The V-sign probably came from it in turn :shrug:

Hmm.. I think LL must have hit Google or something. :confused:

I swear the two fingered gesture was the Agincourt thing and the one-fingered version is from the US. Anybody know for sure?

The one-fingered thing is not from the US.
Apparently - the longbow (the bow and arrow the English used in Agincourt) was made from yew. They used to call firing it - to 'pluck yew'.
Then when we beat the French, the story is that we waved our middle fingers at them going "ha ha, pluck yew, pluck yew" - sound familiar? :D Obviously pluck turned into 'fuck' over the years, and now the f word is associated with the middle finger.

Also...the arrows used on the longbow had ends made of pheasant feathers. That's why we now call giving the finger, 'flippin the bird' or whatever. (Sorry, I'm not that down with the kids, ya'll).

LOL. I know this all sounds like some kind of April Fools joke in the Daily Mail, but I'm just saying what I've heard.

:rofl: @ scanty :D

we waved our middle fingers at them going "ha ha, pluck yew, pluck yew"

Too funny
42.gif

That's what we're all gonna say now instead, okay? :D That way we are keeping clean and also bringing history back around again full circle...you know, like in fashion and shit.

Back