Yellow ribbon

Q

I decided I wanted to tie yellow ribbons around some of the trees in front of my apartment. Just a small way to show support for our troops. I've been to several stores and they were all out. I put mom on the ribbon finding mission too. She couldn't find any either :banghead: These ribbon makers better get on the stick.

HomeLAN

Do any stores have a cheap yellow shirt or tablecloth? That and a pair of scissors gets you several ribbons.

*edited for atrocious spelling

Q

I had to settle for some yellow paper ribbon. I don't expect it'll last as long as the cloth kind. I just hope the rain doesn't wash all the dye out, 'sposeta rain tomorrow.
Prof, I considered using CAUTION tape, but I thought the 2 1/2 in black letters might wreck the effect.
Homie, the tablecloth is a good idea.

Q

I got 6 trees done before the steak I had on the grill burned on one side.:headbang:

Q

You can buy Danger tape (which is red) and Caution tape (which is yellow) at most hardware stores....but it's NOT cheap...I think it's about $20.00 a roll.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you can't find ribbons, piss off the neighbors & put out/up the flag

Inkara1

The managers at my apartment complex have an American flag up on the corner of the building in front by the street. Since the post that holds up the balcony above my patio is where the flag's mounted, I've sort of adopted it. When it gets twisted up and over its pole, I twist the pole to get it down.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yea but Homey, you live in Dixie & we all know Dixie is the home to the warmongers & right wing religious zealots. ;)

Q

Flags don't do so well here if you leave them up all the time. They end up being pink white and gray in about a month.

habanero

Ok, now I can't get that song outta my head.
bonk.gif