Yellowstone hotels?

rrfield

So my fiance and I decided to go to Yellowstone for our honeymoon, early September. We aren't fancy people by any means, but the little lady doesn't want to camp, she would prefer a hotel. We were thinking of staying outside the park, possibly in West Yellowstone. All the reviews I've read on the hotels inside the park are less than impressive and way over priced (i.e. $200 a night to share a bathroom, or a literaly staying in a shed).

Anyone here visited Yellowstone fairly recently who can recommend a hotel?

chcr

Too cute for words
Let me catch my sister online. Of course, she'll say your missing the real experience by not camping, but I'll bet she knows some spots anyway. I'll get back to you.

rrfield

Yeah, I'd rather camp too, but I don't think I have a say in the matter ;) Thanks for looking!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yellowstone, without a tent? Heathens!!!

Of course, depending on when in Sept...the weather changes rapidly starting then.

rr said:
but I don't think I have a say in the matter

You better put your foot down right now otherwise you're forever following orders.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
You better put your foot down right now otherwise you're forever following orders.

If he makes his finace camp on their HONEYMOON he's gonna be forever single.

tonksy

Nixy said:
If he makes his finace camp on their HONEYMOON he's gonna be forever single.
Motion seconded...a woman looks forward to her honeymoon almost as much as her wedding. Squashing her ideal on this would not be prudent.

rrfield

Yeah, that's my view too. I don't want to piss her off the first week we are married! Got to pick your battles. She agreed to go to Yellowstone as long as she gets to sleep in a bed. Works for me.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
rrfield said:
Yeah, that's my view too. I don't want to piss her off the first week we are married! Got to pick your battles. She agreed to go to Yellowstone as long as she gets to sleep in a bed. Works for me.

I like to see that :) Compromise at its finest :)

Inkara1

There's always the Old Faithful Inn... it's right next to Old Faithful. I don't know about the cost though.

I remember the time my parents and I were in West Yellowstone and got literally the last room in town. Cash only, too.

alex

If you hear major rumbling while your consumating your marriage, don't get to feeling too proud of yourself, it's probably the supervolcano about to blow it's cork.

Inkara1

A GEYSER blows its load every eight minutes... good.

YOU blow your load every eight minutes... bad.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
A GEYSER blows its load every eight minutes... good.

YOU blow your load every eight minutes... bad.

Not if you can do it every 8 minutes, non-stop. 4 or 5 hours of that and I'm betting she's gonna be begging you to go watch the football game.

alex

No man alive could produce enough fluids to blow every eight minutes....might get permahard.....but ain't nothin' comin' out.

rrfield

Professur said:
Not if you can do it every 8 minutes, non-stop. 4 or 5 hours of that and I'm betting she's gonna be begging you to go watch the football game.

Heeyyyyy, there's my stragety!