You aren't a real country unless...

unclehobart

Add to my list as you see fit. :lloyd:

You aren't a real country unless you:

Have some paved roads.
Unless you have an airport.
Have at least one brewery/distillery.

unclehobart

Have at least a handful of soilders with weapons that refer to themselves as an army.

Have a television transmitter.

unclehobart

Gato_Solo said:
have a constitution
I disagree... unless you change to something more of just a writ of purpose or some kind of charter. Lord knows there are quite a few monarchies and dictatorships out there that could give a rat about a constitution.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
I disagree... unless you change to something more of just a writ of purpose or some kind of charter. Lord knows there are quite a few monarchies and dictatorships out there that could give a rat about a constitution.

1. Every country has a constitution of some sort, or another. You're looking at this from a US prospective, while I am looking at it as more of a 'group of laws'. ;)

2. Costa Rica has no military whatsoever. Just a police force. ;)

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
uh oh .. there goes China... and possibly India. :D

Just China. India's population is just slightly more female than male. China's about to implode due to their insistance on male children. Look for a major war in Asia in approximately 15 years. You might also consider moving away from Marietta. ;)

unclehobart

Gato_Solo said:
Just China. India's population is just slightly more female than male. China's about to implode due to their insistance on male children. Look for a major war in Asia in approximately 15 years. You might also consider moving away from Marietta. ;)
Are you thinking of the nukes a-flying? ...or something else?

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
Fairly short range. Only unto Denver can they target ... unless Clinton sold them that tech as well.

They have nuclear subs, too. The only safe place is the center of the bread-basket...

unclehobart

Gato_Solo said:
They have nuclear subs, too. The only safe place is the center of the bread-basket...
One of those converted missile silos would be ideal... and fashionable. :D ... too bad they are in the middle of nowhere. ... but thats exactly what the military had in mind at the time.

Inkara1

unclehobart said:
Fairly short range. Only unto Denver can they target ... unless Clinton sold them that tech as well.
See, it should be ME worrying, not unc.

You're not a real country unless you win more than three medals at the olympics. :D