You Lie!

catocom

I just heard the pres. say again...
"this is the worst ecological disaster in American history".
I question that.

now I hear Fox people saying it, and congressmen...

What about the 'Dust Bowl"?
I personally don't think this is worse than that.

What about all the wild fires in 2008, during the drought in many places?

MrBishop

you have recent info that Chaney has some kind of ties, stock or something in
some of the companies or something?

You mean other than the fact that he gave them the contract for the Kuwait cleanup while SecDef, then becoming it's CEO in 1995 - then merging it with Dresser Indus (Director - Prescott Bush* Yes..that Bush). CEO until 2000 - but he still receives Dividends through stock options from them. He got $36 mil in cash compensation for his 5 years on board plus an estimated $20m in stock options.

Sept. 14, 2003: On NBC's Meet the Press, Cheney said, "And since I left Halliburton to become George Bush's vice president, I've severed all my ties with the company [Halliburton], gotten rid of all my financial interest. I have no financial interest in Halliburton of any kind and haven't had, now, for over three years." But the vice president conveniently forgot to mention that he continues to receive from the company deferred salary of over $150,000 per year while maintaining 433,333 shares of unexercised stock options.

MrBishop

so the most recent info you have is over 6 years old?

I'm pretty sure that I can find others...it was the most immediate. Given enough time, I could probably find enough to implicate the whole Bush clan and Cheney in the debacle. Frankly, I don't care enough to. I'm unlikely to change anyone's mind one way or the other...and Halliburton is smart enough to hide their misdeeds behind the press' short-sightedness.

Remember..the BIG tag lines are "Blame BP" and "Blame Obama" - anything else doesn't sell airtime.

MrBishop

So what's the purpose of bringing Chaney into the conversation?

Bringing Halliburton kicking and screaming back in the spotlight where they belong. Cheney's a big name..his links with Halliburton are evident. Use one to bring the other forward.

catocom

Bringing Halliburton kicking and screaming back in the spotlight where they belong. Cheney's a big name..his links with Halliburton are evident. Use one to bring the other forward.

His former links are evident.
You haven't shown he has current links.
and
If he does have "links"... does he have influence on operations?

Besides why do you want to bring Chaney "forward".

Personally, it just looks like misdirection from where I'm sitting.
Chaney has no power now in government...directly.

Obama on the other hand is Directly responsible for the duties of president Now.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Re: They Lie You believe it.

If that had been done
that durn hole would have been plugged in the first week.

And why do you think this hasn't happened yet?

Cap & Trade.

See tonights speech for more information,

freako104

Since BP didn't build the rig or pour the concrete, where's the offense?

Who could have handled the clean up any better? I've heard that BP suggested other methods very early on & the administration told them they had better ideas.

Of course, the federal government had a plan, in place, and did nothing to implement it. Should the administration be held for negligence?

They planned it, and upkeep would be theirs. As to last question, I'd say yes to some degree. The federal government didn't follow its own regulations regarding this