your other career

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
When we choosed for a career, i'm sure that most of us had 2 big choices, so which was the one you didn't choose?

For me, it was Physician Matematician, i'm so good at math and i really love it. In fact, when i was studying the 3rd or 4th semester of my career i was about to study the 2 careers at the same time, unfortunately the dead of my father got me in a depression and i sent my plans to hell. Not that i regret it, but by now i'd be 2 years away from having 2 professional titles.

what's your stor

Edit: my current career is computarized systems engineering.

I wished SO much as a child and through my late teens to join the RAF as a Tornado pilot. However now I have buggered vision and damaged back and leg muscles I cant

Spose my other one is kinda geeky. I wanna be a computer games programmer

I'm in the process of living one of my alternatives - graphic designer (after having been downsized from my last gig, I went back to school and got certified).

My first choice was Humanities teacher at a HS level. They changed the laws just as I was finishing my BA Sociology, so that in order to teach in HighSchool, I'd need a second B.Ed and a seperate certificate (teaching).

I couldn't afford school anymore...all my hard saved coin was gone...so I had to hit the job market f/time.
:p

Kinda sucks, but I'll teach one day.

I wanted to be a UN Interpreter. Aced Latin. Didn't do so well in French. Went for computers instead.

Elementary School teacher, but, I'm still going to do it, just not yet.

I am currently in school doing Civil Engineering

an alternative that I considered was something with computers or psycology

for me my career choice as of late has been psychology. i also looked at marine bio but i have been loving my psych courses and find them to be more practical. even as a child i wanted to help others feel better about themselves. this maybe the way i can.

First I wanted to be a vet. Then I found out how much schooling was involved. Didn't do it but I still want to volunteer at a shelter or dog rescue agency.

Then I wanted to be a writer. Got as far as my first year of college and figured out that it actually required a lot of discipline and didn't continue with it. The most writing I do is here on the boards.

Then I wanted to be a Paramedic. That I actually did for a few years.

Then I wanted to be a Network Administrator. Went to school and wound up being a PC repair tech & 2nd level Help Desk. Still wanna be a network admin though.

One day I'm going to own the Minnesota Vikings. Then a small country, like Paraguay or Vatican City. First things first though, got to buy the Vikings...

steweygrrrr said:
posting on a forum and doing nothing?

LOL, it's really slow at work this week. A lot of people are on vacation. Gotta pass the time somehow.

First choice was engineering, and I have that one covered pretty well. First love was music, and though I think I had the talent to be a professional musician, I didn't realistically think I could make the same money. And since engineering was my second love as well... it was a pretty easy choice.

Now my dream is to combine all my loves and migrate into engineering of audio systems/components. :)

I always wanted to start my own Beef Jerky business. I realized at a young age that I'd never met anyone in that field and figured it was ripe for picking. Have you ever met anyone who claims to be a beefjerker?

I would choose anything right now. But I am in school for law school after deciding that beauty school would be fun, but would get very boring after a while.

hmm I never really had any goals as a child, and im still not sure what I want to do. (im 18) right now im in with the Canadian Forces Reserve, Im thinking of going regular force when i turn 19

Squiggy said:
I always wanted to start my own Beef Jerky business. I realized at a young age that I'd never met anyone in that field and figured it was ripe for picking. Have you ever met anyone who claims to be a beefjerker?

Yes, I know this girl who makes beef jerky and sells it to bars.

First love was music, and though I think I had the talent to be a professional musician, I didn't realistically think I could make the same money.
Oh yeah, realism. I did the music thing for about twenty years, and I usually needed a day job as well. Not that I would change a thing, understand. I had a hell of a lot of fun, just don't have much to show for it. It was the only thing I ever wanted to do, so I did. Still do, more as a hobby these days. I fool with computers for a living now.

Back