2005 BBQ Headcount thread

Stop Laughing

Hmm, haven't been to D&B yet. Is it a bit pricey or not? I've heard mixed stories.

I'm always up for a baseball game. Minor leagues are fun, my bro got Bobby Bonds Jr's autograph once.

Locomotive museums are kinda interesting, have one around here I've been to a few times long ago (about 5-8 years). Their claim to fame is that their Nebraska Zephyr was the train they filmed in in the movie A League of their Own.

I'm bringing my swimming trunks so I can cool down in the pool too, even if I am blind in there without my glasses.

All the rest look fine to me, don't see anything I'd really object to. Oh yeah, how about food? Should we make stuff or bring anything (if I can, have to check first)? I wouldn't mind making the Italian beef again, and this time I actually know most of what I'm doing.

Inkara1

I thought you guys said you wouldn't piss on the Dave and Buster's there if it were raining.

My plans for thge trip there just got a little easier. We fo8und a hotel that will let me stay Wednesday night and then park my car there for the whole trip, all for a total of $109. My dad offered to pay that instead of having to drive down to LA twice, so now I don't have to get up so damn early. Of course, this means most likely no OTC Wednesday night.

unclehobart

Steve, Toby went into the D&B 2 weeks ago as says that it has gone totally ghetto. Trying to walk in there now would be like the scene in Animal House when the lads walked into the club where Otis Day and the Knights were playing.

...and I still hold firm about not setting foot in that place so long as I live.

Winky

Is that mention of the scene from Animal House a PC way of referring to the predominate race of the establishments clientele? Hmmmm?

HomeLAN

'K, so D&B's is out.

This all came up becuase my wife, who is a far better person than I, decided people needed some ideas up-front, went online and we started brainstorming about possibilities and prices. D&B's (which I haven't set foot in in 10 years), made the list initially.

unclehobart

Winky said:
Is that mention of the scene from Animal House a PC way of referring to the predominate race of the establishments clientele? Hmmmm?
I didn't clarify it with my friend... but knowing the area, it probably went latino instead of black... but that is possible.

Inkara1

Inkara1 said:
I thought you guys said you wouldn't piss on the Dave and Buster's there if it were raining.
I just realized my error. You wouldn't piss on Dave and Buster's if it were BURNING. My bad. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
I just realized my error. You wouldn't piss on Dave and Buster's if it were BURNING. My bad. :D

hahaha yeah, that made NO sense the first time around...but I figured it was early and I wouldn't say anything lest I was overlooking something and would end up looking like the fool

catocom

tonksy said:
well...i thought we was gonna sit around and drink beer the whole time! :drink2:
That sounds more like the option I was looking for. :D
The big comp job I had to do today, turn out not to be much to it,
so I'm running lower budget. :nerd:
I don't think my hip is going to play to nice to do much walking anyway. :alienhuh:
Think I'll just bring some crown royal, and kick back in the evening. :confused:

Professur

HomeLAN said:
'K, so D&B's is out.

This all came up becuase my wife, who is a far better person than I, decided people needed some ideas up-front, went online and we started brainstorming about possibilities and prices. D&B's (which I haven't set foot in in 10 years), made the list initially.

Think she'd like a potted plant? Or perhaps a bottle of wine?

Professur

How are we on cooking burners? I've the coleman, and I can bring the big burner, if it'll be useful. You guys don't have fresh corn out yet, do ya?

HomeLAN

We can get corn, maybe farm stuff, maybe not. I have a gas grill and a charcoal job, both of which I intend to use. Fare at my place on Sat will be standard summer outside fare - grilled stuff, light sides, strawberry cake for dessert.

Rob and Tonks, I think, are doing oven/indoor stuff, and their menu is going to be a hell of a lot fancier than mine.

Professur

Reservations made. Knew I should have made them sooner, but just never got around to it. We're booked in for the 24/6 - 1/7. But they're already booked solid for the weekend of the 4th. We may have to look about, or settle for overflow space (no hookups). I asked about a waiting list, but the girl on the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Guess I'll speak with the manager when I get there.

unclehobart

I'm sure Catocom will let you kick up your tent for that weekend ... or park the beastie and come in over to my pad as we would have plenty o' space by then.