2005 BBQ possibilities.

Inkara1

Professur said:
In your shoes, I'd have already booked the time off. Single guy in a compact car. Your rear seat goes down, doesn't it? Foam camping pad and sleeping bad. Drive 4 hours, break for 20 mins, another 4, break for an hour, another bunch (as long as you can safely) then nip in the back for 3 hours sack time. Then repeat. You'll arrive without too much damage. One good full night's sleep and all you'll have to deal with is jetlag.
I'd have booked the time off already if I had a date to work around. I can't just ask for a week off without knowing which week.

My seats fold down, yes, but my subwoofer box is way too big to think about sleeping in the car like that. I'd figured on having to stop at a motel at least once, probably twice.

Unc: my car would probably get better than 30 on a trip that's freeway-only like the drive to Atlanta would be. I've got satellite radio too, and a stereo "very loud it play."

Mirlyn

Professur said:
Solo driving isn't the same, Nixy. It's damn dangerous, if you're not paying attention to resting. Anyone who's ever driven long enough to get the nods knows that. Just a second person, not even a driver, adds hours to your abilities (provided they're not snoring).

CB, I've dealt with worse. On one run, I had a full load of computers in the read of the van. When I hit the wall, I pulled out a few and stuck them on the front seat, and climbed into the hole for three hours kip. Kinda comfy, actually.
I agree. As long as I have control of the radio and a window, I'm good. Same for solo, but to a shorter extent.

Uki Chick

Professur said:
IF, and that's a big if (isn't it?) I can manage it, I'll either bomb the run solo (unless someone else in MTL wants to carpool) in the colt, and I'll bring a tent and air mattress. Or I'll be hauling the trailer.

I'd be willing to car pool. It all depends on the dates though and as you said, IF we can manage it as well.

Uki Chick

Professur said:
CB get outta the gutter. There ain't room enough for the two of us.

Besides, she knows the missus.

I haven't driven a stick shift in years, but i'm sure I would get the hang of it again within a few minutes. plus, i can always get some practice time in before hand with my cousin to refresh myself.

CB, me, prof, and don't know how well that would work out!!! :lol2:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
CB get outta the gutter. There ain't room enough for the two of us.

*squeaks from somewhere near the bottom of the gutter*

Don't forget about me! I'm down here too!

Professur

Uki Chick said:
I haven't driven a stick shift in years, but i'm sure I would get the hang of it again within a few minutes. plus, i can always get some practice time in before hand with my cousin to refresh myself.

CB, me, prof, and don't know how well that would work out!!! :lol2:

Badly.

tonksy

i wanna talk menu for the day at our house. southern food and pizza sound good to everyone? any requests?

tonksy

devil's food cake? very chocolate-y.
poke cake? as soon as it comes out of the oven you poke a bunch of holes in it and pour on some liquid...in this case melted caramel. then i toss on heath bars (a toffee candy bar) broken into tiny pieces. when that cools you spread cool whip on top and serve.

tonksy

i was thinking:
red beans and rice with sausage.
a brisket of some sort.
green beans.
collard greens.
the pizza.
dessert.

hmmm...what else? it's been ages since i've cooked for a large gathering.