2005 BBQ possibilities.

unclehobart

I was stuck in the kitchen almost the whole time trying to manage 12 dishes that needed to share the oven. I wonder if I can rent a portable oven.

I know that we are planning on using both crock pots to stew down hulking pieces of meat into tender good with potatoes and whatnot and most likely some kind of Lousinana delectible that Tonks can whip up in the other. That will curtail some of the bottleneck.

Since Kruz is coming, I'm sure he can be talked into bringing his mondo setup for Buffalo wings.

chcr

Too cute for words
I can bring a large crockpot. Full or empty, your choice. ;)

Also a Coleman camp stove that burns unleaded.

Professur

I've the same turkey fryer setup that Kruz has, a white gas coleman, a 2 burner propane, a counter top convection oven, crock pot, and (if I bring the trailer) a three burner stove top. When we get it all straightened out, tell me what to pack.

Maybe I'll bring few pounds of good canadian beef ...

unclehobart

That all really depends upon the final headcount. I figure one mondo burner alone can be used for shrimp... or corn.

I wish we had a mammoth rice cooker like Na's sis had in Waimea.

Anyone posess a sizeable coffee perkpot? Our ability to produce tea and coffee here is 4 mugs(8-10cups) at a time.

HomeLAN

Lemme check. We may have one. If not, I know we have a 10 cupper, and thermo carrafe, etc. I knew I shoulda bought that big Bunn job at your Dad's sale.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
Mine would make 3 crockpots, unless you were already counting it as one of the two.
Yours would make 3... but you also have an oven and live only 4 miles away. :)

We also have to think of flip-side logistics for the shindig at your place, Steve.

unclehobart

HomeLAN said:
Lemme check. We may have one. If not, I know we have a 10 cupper, and thermo carrafe, etc. I knew I shoulda bought that big Bunn job at your Dad's sale.
I would have taken it except that we don't do drip coffee anymore. It would have gone to waste.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
I would have taken it except that we don't do drip coffee anymore. It would have gone to waste.
Really? We french press (except for espresso of course). What do you guys use?

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
[snotty Grey Poupon voice]We press as well. Theres nothing quite like it.

When I'm being really snooty I even heat the water to 180F instead of boiling.

Edit: There must be a way to press large quantities. I'll study on it.

Professur

chcr said:
When I'm being really snooty I even heat the water to 180F instead of boiling.

Edit: There must be a way to press large quantities. I'll study on it.
Run a car over it.

unclehobart

Chic, just bring your press as well. 8 mugs of coffee every 10 minutes should be more than enough. Some of the crowd will be doing tea... and some sickos out there just don't do caffeine at all.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
Chic, just bring your press as well. 8 mugs of coffee every 10 minutes should be more than enough. Some of the crowd will be doing tea... and some sickos out there just don't do caffeine at all.

If the wife comes, that'll work. If not, I won't be able to bring the coffee stuff (and still expect to go home).

unclehobart

We are going to have to hash out a menu plan as well. We need to know what people will not, under threat of 24 hours of Farrah Fawcett films 'Clockwork Orange' style type of pain, ever consider eating.

Also... we need to know what kind of stuff to stock up for the kidlets lest their single digit age eyes gaze at the adult fare and lose it. What kind of goo do they expect on a daily basis?