4 Canadian soldiers dead

sbcanada

It was dark. How the hell do you hit an F-16 with a rifle when it's dark? HOW THE HELL DO YOU HIT AN F-16 WITH A RIFLE WHEN IT'S LIGHT OUTSIDE?? I think the pilot new they were Canadians and lied about being shot at so he could take them out and not suffer the consquences. :mad:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yep Canadian citizens, alert your PM. We, the Americans have quietly decided to take over your country, except that stinky french part, that we're giving to the Brits. The battle has begun....

NG or regular army doesn't matter. The pilot felt threatened by the ground fire or perceived ground fire & retaliated. If he got the okay, his ass is covered. If he fired on his own he's SOL. It was a mistake of the gravest kind. That is the nature of war. There will be apologies enough from the US government to go around & probably some financial compensation, which does not make up for the loss of life, but is a token of sorrow. It was not a intentional attack-if wer wanted to attack we'd start by turning detroit loose on windsor.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Gonz
Yep Canadian citizens, alert your PM. We, the Americans have quietly decided to take over your country, except that stinky french part, that we're giving to the Brits. The battle has begun....

if we wanted to attack we'd start by turning detroit loose on windsor.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Anything but that! PLEASE, NOOOOOOO! :D

Professur

I would just like to mention that before this, no Canadian soldier had been killed in battle since the Korean war.

MitchSchaft

That was already mentioned. And it just means that they keep their nose out of folks' business I think.
Shit happens in wartime. We will never know what really happened. Media does not know everything, and if they did they would not tell us. Fuck 'em. Shit happens.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
War sucks. Friendly fire has been a part of war since the very beginning, and we will probably never get rid of it as long as we continue to have wars.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The thing is we're not at war, those men were there for peacekeeping, and were in a training excercise, not a battle. They didn't even have a chance. I feel great pain for their mothers. Yes, this stuff happens, quite a lot lately frankly ?( , but that doesn't mean we can't be saddened by it and regret it, no matter where the victims are from. :(

unclehobart

Come to think of it, Korea wasn't a was either. It also ran under the great umbrella of 'police action'. You have to go back to WW2 to find a Canadian killed in war.

sbcanada

You Americans seem to be in a lot of friendly fire accidents. I think you should change your policy a little. If you can't be certain who it is, don't drop a fucking bomb on them. And AS IF rifle fire could really threaten an F16. So self defense? Fuck that.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Originally posted by sbcanada
You Americans seem to be in a lot of friendly fire accidents. I think you should change your policy a little. If you can't be certain who it is, don't drop a fucking bomb on them. And AS IF rifle fire could really threaten an F16. So self defense? Fuck that.

OH YEA!!What if Usama was amongst your troops? HUH? Well Mr Peacenick Canadian. What's your answer now? ;)

It could happen[/siz]

the probability of a rifle doing damage to a moving AF jet is low, but there is a possibility & all troops in occupied lands have the right to self-defend.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I wouldn't exacly call it self defense either. It is war over there, and in war, you kill the enemy.

If the pilot and his ground contact both thought it was enemy troops, it didn't matter much that they had little chance of actually downing the plane. In war, when the enemy fires on you, you generally take the opportunity to kill them if you have the means. It's an easy way to identify the enemy... those shooting at you get shot back at.

Unfortunately, in this case, a terrible mistake was made in identifying the troops. Very sad. I think it's a lesson for the US to try harder to eliminate such accidents, but there will always be that rare mistake...