4 Canadian soldiers dead

nodnod

The only way that we will be killed in a war (except by americans :) ) is if we try to take our helicopters in. Our entire army would be falling out of the sky within minutes.

sbcanada

Originally posted by outside looking in
there will always be that rare mistake...

Rare? I think the U.S. was involved in at least 4 or 5 friendly fire accidents in the Afghan conflict. What's that? About once a month? Hardly rare.

Anyways, we know the Canadians weren't shooting at the F-16s, so who was? There might have been enemy troops nearby taking shots at them... but were they so close to the Canadian troops that the F-16s thought the enemy was the Canadians? How would the Canadians not know about enemy troops if they were that nearby?

If the American commanders would instruct their pilots a little better (tell them where training zones are, where allied troops are, etc.) then this would not have happened. Thanks to you Yanks, I get to watch live in a few hours as my countrymen come back in coffins and on stretchers, all because of some trigger happy, poorly informed American pilot. :(

They are supposed to be releasing the results of the investigation in three weeks. Then we will have some answers.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member

I didn't post this to instigate that discussion, I was merely surprised and saddened, and wanted to share.

K62

It just pisses me off, i mean i havnt been watching this very closly, but i would like to hear bush say something about it, if a canadian cf-18 droped a bomb on US troops... it would be a different story.

I mean, shooting down an f-16 with a rifle, come on
I feel for the soldiers killed. Being killed by the enemy is one thing, being killed by our cloest neighbor is another.

Also i hear the Americans are putting up road blocks in the Canadian investigation. :rolleyes:

sbcanada

I hear ya man. I don't care for apologies, as I'm sure no other Canadian does. We want some answers. We want some action to be taken to help ensure this does not happen again.

They say they died for a just cause, defending their homeland from terrorism. Well they really didn't, they were in a frickin training mission and their ally came and dropped a bomb on them. You call that sacrificing your life for your country? I don't think so.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Originally posted by sbcanada
I hear ya man. I don't care for apologies, as I'm sure no other Canadian does. We want some answers. We want some action to be taken to help ensure this does not happen again.

They say they died for a just cause, defending their homeland from terrorism. Well they really didn't, they were in a frickin training mission and their ally came and dropped a bomb on them. You call that sacrificing your life for your country? I don't think so.

I have a feeling that if it was a British plane that had dropped the bomb, things would also be different. :rolleyes:

You say you want "action" taken, yet there were so many that criticized the American public for wanting "action" taken when thousands of innocent civilians died on 9/11.

I hope Bush does apologize, and I hope that the investigation uncovers the truth, whatever that may be, and I hope this is another reminder that more effort needs to be put into avoiding friendly fire accidents. But in the end, it was a tragedy, and the US can do nothing more than apologize.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
OSLI, did you read my link about the helicopters? You ought to know, as if you're ever under one you'll want to duck. :D

sbcanada

If a British plane had done it, I would still be angry. Maybe not AS angry, but that's because you American people are so good at having people mad at you. :D

sbcanada

:(

Attachment(s):

canadahalfstaffgrey.gif, 22.32kb

canadahalfstaffgrey.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
...because you American people are so good at having people mad at you. :D

Ain't dat da truth.

Americans can't do anything right. Americans are ruining it. Damned Ameicans, blah blah blah. The whole world "hates" America but let there be a problem & who is #1 on speed-dial??? We're used to it & we're also starting to get fed up with it. It was an accident. We don't intentionally target friendlies. We don't kill civilians on purpose. Even the grandest of technology goes bad. If you all want us to step back & let you take care of yourselves without our thoughtless, backstabbing, money-grubbing, superpower attitude, then contact your government. If enough people bitch loud enough we'd be glad not to send OUR soldiers to every stinky little corner of this fucked up globe. I spent my time. I have family & friends who are dead helping other countries. Maybe next time Usama or Hitler or Milosevic or Stalin or Papa Doc or any of a thousand other nitwits decide it's your country they want, we'll stay out of it. No cavalry to the rescue. No F16s, no super destroyers, no Apaches, no Marines, no Airborne Rangers, no Tomahawks. Nope, and none of the other outstanding machinery & weaponry. Oh, and we'd like reparations for the 525,014 Americans killed in WWI & WWII. Get off our back or step to the plate :mad:

end of rant[/siz]

greenfreak

If a British plane had done it, I would still be angry. Maybe not AS angry, but that's because you American people are so good at having people mad at you. :D

Given recent history and the open wounds many of us still have, I don't find that particularly funny. You just know that if we Americans started making snide comments about "You Canadians", you would be up our asses in a second. No member here dropped a bomb on you, yet I keep hearing 'You Americans' as if we, the American members of this board, are responsible. I know you're upset about what happened but please consider that we have feelings too-couldn't it be possible that we are also upset about what happened? Making comments that start out with "Thanks to you Yanks" is hurtful. I'm asking you to please consider my feelings, as well as those other American members of this board. :(

sbcanada

When I said "You Yanks," I meant your military and not American members at this site.

Gonz, you talk about your soldiers dieing helping other countries, well our soldiers were there to help the AMERICANS and that's the repayment we get? I don't care if it was an accident. Those accidents are happening way to frequently, and I know with today's technology and communication that shit should not happen more than once a year.

greenfreak

Sb I'm sorry if I overreacted but I have never experienced as much US bashing as when I started posting to message boards. It's really starting to get to me-all I ask is to consider what you would feel if someone said the same things about your country. Even if it's not specifically directed at you.

This guy did a really bad thing-whether it was justified or not, the families of the dead soldiers still lost their loved ones. Much like the families of the people who died on Sept 11th.

sbcanada

I don't see how dropping a bomb on Canadian soldiers could be justified. A bunch of troops with rifles are not a threat to an F-16, and they were not shooting at the F-16, they were shooting at targets in a training area.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
hey, nodnod, do you think if one of us changes the subject again it'd take this time?? I'm gonna give it a shot, here we go....

How Bout Them Helicopters??? hahahaha!!!! :D