5-year old girl raped and killed - and the guy might get away with it

AlphaTroll

Unfortunately the incident of child rape is nothing new to me.

SA probably has one of the highest child rape figures in the world (about 41% of rapes committed in the country is against children - 15% of this against children under the age of 11 and 26% against children age 12 - 17). A contributing factor is the belief in the healing powers of sangomas (witchdoctors) who treat HIV positive men & tell them they can be cured if they have sex with a virgin. Of course the age at which people are having sex these days is getting younger and younger, so for these men to ensure that they do indeed have intercourse with a virgin means having to get a very young girl. This of course leads to numbers of child rape incidents and also adds to the proliferation of the AIDS epidemic in SA.

A number of incidents also occur in the poorer communities and townships where unemployment, alcohol and drug abuse is rampant. Some of the men claim to rape the children (even babies - some as young as 9 months) because they were drunk / high.

Just a few examples of recent cases:

2001:
On Nov. 11, a nine-month-old baby girl from Kimberley in the Northern Cape who survived a gang rape underwent a full hysterectomy and will require further surgery to repair intestinal damage, a hospital spokesperson said. The baby from Louisville was left unattended by her 16-year-old mother when six Upington men allegedly raped her. The baby had undergone a full hysterectomy and she suffered extensive damage to her colon and anus as well The six men, aged between 22 and 66, appeared in the Kimberley Magistrates Court on charges of rape and indecent assault on Monday.

This past Halloween, on October 31, a month-old baby girl was raped, allegedly by her uncles, in Tweeling in the Eastern Free State Police spokesperson Loraine Kalp said the mother of the child had left the baby in the care of the men when she went to visit her mother-in-law. Upon her return last night, she found the baby crying and as she lifted her, she saw blood on her bottom. She then took the baby to a clinic where she was told the girl had been raped and sustained vaginal damage. In other reported cases, rapists have gone beyond penile penetration, using objects including broken bottle tops, sticks or harmful liquids that are pushed or inserted into the victim's vagina. But police now say these brutal criminals are sure to be arrested and positively linked to their crimes.

In a sad spin off the babies who are raped and infected with HIV are sometimes dumped in the trash (literally) by their mothers as their care would be extremely expensive and the mothers simply cannot afford to take care of them.

It's sick and twisted. Unfortunately we do not have the death penalty over here. Wish we did though. Perhaps it's time that someone reminded dear old Thabo Mbeki that he is indeed the president of SA and not the babysitter of every other damned African country. Maybe if he remembered where his first priorities are he would take a definite stance on such matters and not leave everything to his fucking corrupt deputies.

Hoon

We do not ask for your poor or your hungry!
We do not want your tired and sick!
It is your corrupt we claim!
It is your evil that will be saught by us!
With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.
Do not kill, do not rape, to not steal.
These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil.
We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain.
But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day, you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

MrBishop

Like I've said before...clean up the gene pool. To think that having sex with a virgin will get rid of something that came from having sex is inane.

Interesting poem Goon...

* If you want to use the Death Penalty as a deterrant, put the individual in bright yellow outfit (Sealed so it can not be removed), release them into the general populace. Give said population 48 hours...

Have judges and police ignore whatever is done to this person over that 48 hour period...no pictures, names taken, no arrests. If s/he survives the 48 hours, reclaim them and put them in prison (general populace).

freako104

MrBishop said:
Like I've said before...clean up the gene pool. To think that having sex with a virgin will get rid of something that came from having sex is inane.

Interesting poem Goon...

* If you want to use the Death Penalty as a deterrant, put the individual in bright yellow outfit (Sealed so it can not be removed), release them into the general populace. Give said population 48 hours...

Have judges and police ignore whatever is done to this person over that 48 hour period...no pictures, names taken, no arrests. If s/he survives the 48 hours, reclaim them and put them in prison (general populace).

Like i said there is more than one kind of deterrent. the one you and chcr keep thinking of is the GENERAL one. there is specific ones which is for the individual. the general deterrent is the goal. it is not necessarily obtainable. there are ways they are trying but there are people who just dont care. i do like yours but id ratehr tehy be dead. safer that way.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Gato_Solo said:
Yep..I know. BTW...how much do you want for the return of your TV? :D
If you took that RCA that changes the channel by itself when it feels froggy, I'll send you a 20 to keep it.

Kawaii

Hoon said:
We do not ask for your poor or your hungry!
We do not want your tired and sick!
It is your corrupt we claim!
It is your evil that will be saught by us!
With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.
Do not kill, do not rape, to not steal.
These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil.
We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain.
But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day, you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
I love that movie too.

I know a girl(one of my best friends, in fact) who was repeatedly raped as a child, from the age of 3 to 11. By family. So sad... The cruelty, the sickness... Can you see why i want this bastard to suffer?
I first hesitated to post this, but i felt the need to get it out of my system.

Uki Chick

Kawaii said:
I love that movie too.

I know a girl(one of my best friends, in fact) who was repeatedly raped as a child, from the age of 3 to 11. By family. So sad... The cruelty, the sickness... Can you see why i want this bastard to suffer?

It's understandable and that's the point of this place, to let it out if need be. The sad truth is that a lot of children are molested by family members.

MrBishop

Kawaii said:
I love that movie too.

There's nothing like a good rage to really get the blood flowing. There's one thing specifically that bugs me about a lot of cases of child molestation/rape...and that is that several molesters will claim that "s/he was sasking for it" or " s/he was coming on to me".

Tell me...how many people under the age of 16 really understand their sexuality enough to 'ask for it' or to 'come on to an adult'. Hell, how many kids between the ages of 12-18 would even consider fooling around with someone in their 30's-50's ? Yuck, right?

It's a psychological error. Some people are badly wired.

Thulsa Doom

well... do please be careful when you start equating the raping, torturing and murdering of a five year old with 18 year olds "fooling around" with adults. I think thats an apples and oranges comparison there. I can understand your fury over the death of this innocent but I think we debase it somewhat when we start lumping other things in with it which are significantly less abhorrent or despicable. We can all have our opinions on whats right or wrong when it comes to teen and adult interactions but I really see that as a far cry from this impossibly horrific act of mindless evil. Just my opinion though.

freako104

MrBishop said:
There's nothing like a good rage to really get the blood flowing. There's one thing specifically that bugs me about a lot of cases of child molestation/rape...and that is that several molesters will claim that "s/he was sasking for it" or " s/he was coming on to me".

Tell me...how many people under the age of 16 really understand their sexuality enough to 'ask for it' or to 'come on to an adult'. Hell, how many kids between the ages of 12-18 would even consider fooling around with someone in their 30's-50's ? Yuck, right?

It's a psychological error. Some people are badly wired.

I FUCKNG HATE THAT STATEMENT!! blame the victim? she was a cock tease. im sorry but noone asks to be. no person deserves it. but there are people who do it. they dont take no for an answer and dont know how to repsect other people. they take it too far.

Hoon

MrBishop said:
That's MR.Typo-biptch to you, Hoon.

Oopsie on the typo :/

Wait just a minute.
No one is as bad a spelr as Hoon.
I will challenge you to a Spelling Bea!

Professur

SARNIA -- The grieving father of a slain little girl is upset her killer's sex assault conviction yesterday will not elevate him to dangerous offender status. Al Almeida, father of Naiomi Almeida, 5, sat in a Sarnia court as Thomas Hurst, 21, pleaded guilty to one count of sexual assault on a 15-year-old girl, committed eight months before Naiomi's murder in London.

Almeida said the case, which involved Hurst touching the leg, knee and chest of a teen over her clothes in Petrolia in December 2000, was handled "unfairly."

The victim's identity is protected by court order.

In a joint submission by the Crown and defence, Hurst was sentenced to six months in jail to be served concurrently with his life sentence for the murder, kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault of Naiomi.

"Six months for sexually assaulting and almost scaring a 15-year-old to death," said Almeida. "That's not enough. That just shows people that they're allowed to . . . commit these sort of crimes with the leniency of the justice system."

Wearing the same clothes as he did at his London trial, Hurst said nothing other than "guilty" during the brief court appearance.

He was convicted by a jury in a high-profile trial last month of abducting Naiomi Almeida from her father's apartment, repeatedly sexually assaulting her and asphyxiating her. Her body was found in an athletic bag in Hurst's bedroom.

Hurst has no chance for parole for 25 years.

Dangerous offender status requires a complex application process and usually is reserved for offenders who demonstrate a repeat pattern of violence and sexual offences. The designation keeps an offender incarcerated indefinitely.

Hurst was not criminally charged for assaults he committed on two little boys in his London neighbourhood when he was a youth, but the local child welfare agency acknowledged one of the boys was assaulted. The mother of the children who went public with the attacks, which happened while Hurst was babysitting, also was in the Sarnia courtroom yesterday.

"How many times can a person do a sexual act before the justice system does anything about it?" she asked tearfully. Her sons are terrified Hurst will be released "and he's going to go after them," she said.

Hurst was 18 at the time and had been living in Petrolia and was visiting a female's apartment. The victim, who was an acquaintance of Hurst, was there with another female and a male.

The three young women started dancing and Hurst also started to dance, moving closer to them. At one point, he tried to put his hand on one of the girl's shoulders.

Later, he told the victim he "wanted to jump her bones."

The victim went into a bathroom and Hurst looked in on her twice. She thought she had locked the door, but it had not latched, Foster said.

Hurst entered the bathroom and held his arm out so the victim could not leave. He touched her chest, leg and knee over her clothes.

The victim called police and Lambton OPP arrested Hurst in early January.

While Almeida acknowledged the sexual assault was minor compared to what happened to his daughter, he said he's troubled Hurst wasn't stopped.

He said he didn't think Hurst would do "hard time" in the penitentiary.

"We have a better chance of dying out here than he does," he said, adding Hurst will be in protective custody.

"Where were they to protect my daughter?"

Source

Just in case anyone still cared.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Aren't british jails like mexican ones?

Rapers do get punished over here :D