A peace loving religion

Winky

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Bonfires of nuclear destruction engulfing billions of muslims
now yer talkin' !

Gotholic

Sin as defined by his brand of religion. Obey my religion or everybody dies. Not very peaceful is it?

According to the Bible, there is only one God and he is the author of life. he can give and take life however he sees fit. He will punish sinners however he pleases. And just because He punishes does not mean he is not peaceful. God never claimed to be a pacifist.

What's the confusion exactly? That destroying a city in a violent way is more acceptable on judgement day? :confused:

It never says it will be destroyed. It says that on Judgment Day, Sodom and Gomor'rah's judgment will be more tolerable than a town who rejects the Gospel.

7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

spike, that is not Jesus speaking.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Alright, I was reading from a different source, my apologies.

This passage is Jesus speaking, but note he is not commanding his disciples to go out and burn those who do not abide in Him. He is only talking about what will happen to those who do not abide in Him and later what will happen to those who do. Those who don't will be cast into the fire. Not "a", but "the" fire. Jesus says in others passages that the unbelievers will be in Gehenna (hell) burning.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

He is giving testimony, not commanding.

You should also care about the ones who agree with these bible passages and act upon it. Trying to paint the muslim religion as violent when your own bible is violent is not very genuine.

To be blunt...

Muhammad condones killing non-believers just as he himself has done. Islam is founded on Muhammadand what he had to say.

Christianity is founded upon Jesus Christ and what he had to say. Jesus never condoned killing non-believers. Until you can substantiate otherwise, you have no point of contention.

Inkara1

Goth, I checked my King James bible and there are four John books. There's the big St. John book, which has Spike's John 15:6 in it, and also contains John 3:16, probably the most famous verse in the whole Bible. Later on come I John, II John and III John, all of which are tiny books.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
hmmm yeah and i guess the inquisition was just an accident then, eh?

Yer right. WHat American city did the Mulsims overthrow? Oh, wait, sorry, that was 1000 years ago. Hey how about this... what western European country did th eMuslims overthrow? hmmmmm, seems Spain has a history here.

MrBishop

No, it has always been understood that way. In fact, anyone who puts themselves under the Mosaic Law will be condemned (Gal 3:10-12; 5:1-4). The New Testament is specific about the Old Covenant being obsolete (2 Cor 3:6-14; Hebrews 7:18; 8:7-13; 10:9).

Unlike Christianity, Islam condones killing all who do not submit to Allah:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Religion of peace? I think not.

Not all Muslims kill non-believers, but those who do are not acting against the Islamic faith.

[9.88] But the Apostle and those who believe with him strive hard with their property and their persons; and these it is who shall have the good things and these it is who shall be successful. **Nothing about fighting

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. **Edited that part out, I guess.

[9.6] And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know. **Granting protection even to idolators??!?

[9.112] They who turn (to Allah), who serve (Him), who praise (Him), who fast, who bow down, who prostrate themselves, who enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil, and who keep the limits of Allah; and give good news to the believers. *Killing and being slain??!?

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection. *Pretty close

[8.39] And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do. *FIghting with them seems more like attempts at arguments..not fighting with weapons, eh

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

Perhaps it is you who should verify where your quotes are coming from and who's twisting which holy book.

MrBishop

Yer right. WHat American city did the Mulsims overthrow? Oh, wait, sorry, that was 1000 years ago. Hey how about this... what western European country did th eMuslims overthrow? hmmmmm, seems Spain has a history here.
Hunh?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well then that makes it ok! :roll2: :banana: :laugh:

He created it; He can do with it as He pleases I reckon.

Bill Cosby said:
I brought you in this world, and I can take you out. Make another one look just like you.

I thought you were asked to leave the class quietly. Your argument is invalid, your "facts" incorrect. Go on now, the adults are trying to talk.

Winky

I think you'd better send him to the Principals office for swats before you call his parents so they can swat him sum more!

spike

He created it; He can do with it as He pleases I reckon.

I thought you were asked to leave the class quietly. Your argument is invalid, your "facts" incorrect. Go on now, the adults are trying to talk.

Oh, drown all the little sinning babies and children....that's real mature.

Your argument is invalid and your "facts" incorrect since it never really happened. If you believe that fairy tale in the first place you're not very adult.

So go read some kiddie books in the corner.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Your argument is invalid and your "facts" incorrect since it never really happened. If you believe that fairy tale in the first place you're not very adult.

So go read some kiddie books in the corner.

Need I remind you, you brought it up first. Either it holds water or it don't. Quicherbichen and takeyerbeatin.

spike

According to the Bible, there is only one God and he is the author of life. he can give and take life however he sees fit. He will punish sinners however he pleases. And just because He punishes does not mean he is not peaceful. God never claimed to be a pacifist.

If you can't see the problem with worldwide genocidal temper tantrums drowing babies and children and everything else (except Noah and his fairy tale ark) then there's little hope for you.

It never says it will be destroyed. It says that on Judgment Day, Sodom and Gomor'rah's judgment will be more tolerable than a town who rejects the Gospel.

Whatever violent awful thing you think will happen to to a whole city of men women and children because whoever is in charge didn't want to listen to a traveling Jehova's Witness style evangalist is is unjustified crap.

spike, that is not Jesus speaking.

Wrong! Who do you think they are worshiping in vain exactly?

7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

Jesus is clearly critizing them for not obeying the commandment of god to kill their children if they "curseth" them.

Alright, I was reading from a different source, my apologies.

This passage is Jesus speaking, but note he is not commanding his disciples to go out and burn those who do not abide in Him. He is only talking about what will happen to those who do not abide in Him and later what will happen to those who do. Those who don't will be cast into the fire. Not "a", but "the" fire. Jesus says in others passages that the unbelievers will be in Gehenna (hell) burning.

men gather them, and cast them into the fire

Clearly advocating men throwing unbelievers into the fire.

He is giving testimony, not commanding.

Well in that case it's ok to advocate destroying unbelievers.

Here's another one from Jesus.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Revelation 2:23 And I will kill her children with death

Jesus is going to kill children!

To be blunt...

Muhammad condones killing non-believers just as he himself has done. Islam is founded on Muhammadand what he had to say.

Christianity is founded upon Jesus Christ and what he had to say. Jesus never condoned killing non-believers. Until you can substantiate otherwise, you have no point of contention.

Both the christian god and Jesus condoned killing non-believers. Your religion is just as violent if not more so than the passages you have twisted (as Bishop pointed out) from another book.

spike

Need I remind you, you brought it up first. Either it holds water or it don't. Quicherbichen and takeyerbeatin.

I brought it up as a fine example of violence advocated by christians. Even it's a fairy tale it still shows christian approval of massive genocide.

lil ol' him said:
Whine piss himself blah but it's not violence if he spared someone

:D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
"Even if it's wrong, I'm right to use it."

There ya go champ. Just keep feedin that line to yourself. We'll get back to you when we stop laughing.

spike

"Even if it's wrong, I'm right to use it."

There ya go champ. Just keep feedin that line to yourself. We'll get back to you when we stop laughing.

That line was not used or anything similar. We'll be laughing at you until you can learn ya some readin' comprehension. :laugh: