A peace loving religion

Cerise

but isn't there tons of shit about great vengeance and furious anger in the christian bible?

Only in Tarantino's world.

Quote text from the Bible where it says God told his followers to kill in his name---to kill for him.

It is true that there have been Christians who are extremists and have committed acts of violence.

The difference is that these people are condemned by the vast majority of Christians and when caught, they go to trial and are punished.

They are not considered to be "martrys" or praised when they kill and maim in the name of their beliefs.

:shrug:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It's there, Cerise. God commanded the children of Israel to destroy the enemy and to leave no man alive. When they disobeyed, they were punished.

Not the stump to stand on this time.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The difference is that these people are condemned by the vast majority of Christians

That is the only difference that means anything. Granted, there are more outspoken muslims today that there were 5 years ago but hey, the war & having an ally couldn't have anything to do with it.

Winky

Ya know I'm getting to where I don't really care about this
anymore, I've been hearing about these people since
the 70's and they are just getting worse every decade.

Guess they've been a pain in the ass since the seventh century? Ain't that about right??? Anyone gotta good solution, short of nuking the whole lot of them???

Suggestions welcome.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Anyone gotta good solution, short of nuking the whole lot of them???

Suggestions welcome.

No, that actually sounds pretty good to me. I mean, when you call Orkin I don't reckon you ask the guy to eliminate the ants and spare the cockroaches.

Winky

don't kid yourself genocide ain't in America's playbook
even if they light of a nuke and kill 100,000 of us.

Winky

The South will rise again! Hmm now that I think about it that might not be such a bad idea after all!

Cerise

It's there, Cerise. God commanded the children of Israel to destroy the enemy and to leave no man alive. When they disobeyed, they were punished.

Not the stump to stand on this time.

Is this it, 'cos I did a search but am humbled to say I don't know:

http://www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?1518&cuQA_qaID=1&cuTopic_topicID=810&cuItem_itemID=16593

But is it the same as:

Narrated Abdullah bin Masud:

I asked Allah's Apostle, "O Allah's Apostle! What is the best deed?" He replied, "To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times." I asked, "What is next in goodness?" He replied, "To be good and dutiful to your parents." I further asked, what is next in goodness?" He replied, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause."

Narrated Al-Bara:

A man whose face was covered with an iron mask (i.e. clad in armor) came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall I fight or embrace Islam first? "The Prophet said, "Embrace Islam first and then fight." So he embraced Islam, and was martyred."

Narrated Abu Musa:

The Prophet said, "He who fights that Allah's Word (i.e. Islam) should be superior, fights in Allah's Cause."

Surah 3:157 Al-Imran 3:157:

“And if you are slain, or die in the way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all they could amass.”

Hadith, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 35, Narrated Abu Huraira "The Prophet said, The person who participates in holy battles in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and his Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr).

2minkey

bootlicker
well then maybe you should find out what jihad means - it might mean something different that what al quaeda and the sensationalist 'sky-is-falling' media have turned it into.

spike

That is the only difference that means anything.

Then there is no difference there since these people are condemned by the vast majority of Muslims.

However a larger percentage of Americans in general believe that attacks targeted at civilians are justified than does the Muslim population.