A peace loving religion

spike

1 out of 4 Muslims support bombings if their religion is attacked.

How many Christians support bombings when their religion is attacked? A hell of a lot of christians supported bombing the hell out of Iraq without any attack.

Professur

Hell, most christians would support bombing the shit outta the entire state of California. 'Cept for the Mexicans, of course.

catocom

1 out of 4 Muslims support bombings if their religion is attacked.

How many Christians support bombings when their religion is attacked? A hell of a lot of christians supported bombing the hell out of Iraq without any attack.

suicide is a sin

Gotholic

In your interpretation maybe.

No, it has always been understood that way. In fact, anyone who puts themselves under the Mosaic Law will be condemned (Gal 3:10-12; 5:1-4). The New Testament is specific about the Old Covenant being obsolete (2 Cor 3:6-14; Hebrews 7:18; 8:7-13; 10:9).

Unlike Christianity, Islam condones killing all who do not submit to Allah:

Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."

Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious."

Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Religion of peace? I think not.

Not all Muslims kill non-believers, but those who do are not acting against the Islamic faith.

2minkey

bootlicker
what you're talking about - it's called the doctrine of kufr, i believe. yeah it's okay to kill non-muslims.

but isn't there tons of shit about great vengeance and furious anger in the christian bible?

hmmm yeah and i guess the inquisition was just an accident then, eh?

spike

No, it has always been understood that way.

Nope, many christian religions including many catholics take the old testemant very seriously.

Unlike Christianity, Islam condones killing all who do not submit to Allah:

Your God killed everything on earth:

every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth

Isaiah:

because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel. (5:24-25)
God will kill those who despise his word and fail to follow his laws. Their carcasses will be "torn in the midst of the streets."
5:25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
5:26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

Mark:
Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. 6:11

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) 7:9-10

John:

Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned. 15:6

Acts:

Peter claims that Dt.18:18-19 refers to Jesus, saying that those who refuse to follow him (all non-Christians) must be killed. 3:23

Not all Muslims kill non-believers, but those who do are not acting against the Islamic faith.

I think the majority of Muslims would disagree with you.

Gotholic

what you're talking about - it's called the doctrine of kufr, i believe. yeah it's okay to kill non-muslims.

but isn't there tons of shit about great vengeance and furious anger in the christian bible?

Yes, against sin their is. But once Christ, the sacrificial lamb, died for our sins it opened up a way for mercy and salvation.

hmmm yeah and i guess the inquisition was just an accident then, eh?

We are not talking about the Catholic Church or Islam's aberrations, but what is doctrinally condoned.

Winky

I'm e-mailing him and recommending he smite the billions of muslims
and no I won’t give you his email address! Only me and GW got it.

Gotholic

Nope, many christian religions including many catholics take the old testemant very seriously.

I never said the Old Testament was not taken seriously.

Your God killed everything on earth:

every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth

Isaiah:

because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel. (5:24-25)
God will kill those who despise his word and fail to follow his laws. Their carcasses will be "torn in the midst of the streets."
5:25 Therefore is the anger of the LORD kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
5:26 And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

Yes, God killed everything due to what? Sin. Christians are not commanded to go out and kill any non-believer, but the Muslims are.

Mark:
Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. 6:11

Mark does not say that at all. It says this: "And if any place will not receive you and they refuse to hear you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet for a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11).

The only thing even remotely close to what you cited was this from Matthew 10:14-15, "And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomor'rah than for that town".

As you can see, this refers to Judgment Day.

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) 7:9-10[/I]

You never cited the passage where Jesus says to kill disobedient children.

John:

Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned. 15:6

spike, I am checking your verses so please do not take me for a fool. No where in John does it say that at all. In fact, no where in John (there are 3 books) does it even go up to a chapter 15!

Acts:

Peter claims that Dt.18:18-19 refers to Jesus, saying that those who refuse to follow him (all non-Christians) must be killed. 3:23 [/I]

Again, you do not provide a passage that Peter says to back up your assertion. No where does he say even remotely that all non-Christians will be killed. Although, I suspect these words are not your own.

What liberal site did you vomit this up from?

I think the majority of Muslims would disagree with you.

I do not care about the ones who disagree, but the ones who do and act upon it.

spike

Yes, God killed everything due to what? Sin.

Sin as defined by his brand of religion. Obey my religion or everybody dies. Not very peaceful is it?

The only thing even remotely close to what you cited was this from Matthew 10:14-15, "And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomor'rah than for that town".

As you can see, this refers to Judgment Day.

What's the confusion exactly? That destroying a city in a violent way is more acceptable on judgement day? :confused:

You never cited the passage where Jesus says to kill disobedient children.

7:10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

In fact, no where in John (there are 3 books) does it even go up to a chapter 15!

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Again, you do not provide a passage that Peter says to back up your assertion, although I suspect these words are not your own.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

I do not care about the ones who disagree, but the one who do and act upon it.

You should also care about the ones who agree with these bible passages and act upon it. Trying to paint the muslim religion as violent when your own bible is violent is not very genuine.