A peace loving religion

MrBishop said:
You chose the path of hate and violence. Hate all Muslims, kill all Muslims, don't trust any Muslims and harrass them directly or indirectly wherever they may go.

That must be what you have "interpreted." Have I ever said the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim? I know I have said the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. Maybe you think yes because you realize deep down that not all Muslims are terrorists, but lately all terrorists sure as hell have turned out to be Muslim.

Hate to put it to you in this way sunshine...but your country has quite a few more Muslims than Canada does. I don't have to like anybody, nor is Canada 'being taken over'.

Wasn't there some big t'do recently about Canadian Muslims wanting to be governed by Shari'a Law? Seems like if a group of people that have moved to your country want to change things to suit themselves instead of to assimilate to their adopted culture....oh, wait a minute. That's right, Canada isn't being 'taken over.' ;)

Now...THAT statement is scary. Kill all Muslims wherever you may find them? and you find Muslims to be dangerous??!?

So you pin the term 'Islamocidal Maniac' on all Muslims?? Hate Monger.

Time to increase your medication...you're slipping again.

Wrong yet again skippy. I avoid doctors like I avoid Islamocidal Maniacs. :winkkiss:

MrBishop

The Other One said:
Wasn't there some big t'do recently about Canadian Muslims wanting to be governed by Shari'a Law? Seems like if a group of people that have moved to your country want to change things to suit themselves instead of to assimilate to their adopted culture....oh, wait a minute. That's right, Canada isn't being 'taken over.'
Yup...it got refused.
Here's the bit you've glossed over about Sharia law.

(Canada's limited legitimization of Sharia law establishes a number of safeguards) including the requirement that parties enter into arbitration only on a voluntary basis. Any decisions by arbitrators are subject to court ratification. Canadian officials said that no criminal matters would be considered by sharia arbitrators and no corporal punishment could be imposed. Crawley said that legal provisions in other provinces also permit such tribunals.
Perhaps you should look into Beth Din.
This is effectivly the same as implementing Sharia law, but for the Jewish faith...and has been in place both in the USA and Canada for close to 50 years now.
The Greek community has the same kind of thing.
As do a whole slew of other faiths and communities, including the Christians.

MrBishop

SouthernN'Proud said:
More than that. He claimed to be divinely inspired, to be carrying out the will of his deity. .
What amazes me is that an individual, who claims to be devinely inspired etc etc...and is obviously just someone (if you'll pardon the term) fucked in the head...can be used to paint an entire religion as homocidal and violent.

The homocidal and radical muslim is a stereotype..and like all stereotypes, should be discounted as ridiculous. The same goes for the Evil American.

Both though are used quite effectivly to promote hatred on both sides of the ocean. :shrug:

Treat this guy like any individual who breaks the law and claims that "God made him do it".

Either he truly believes this, in which case, there are some nice sanitariums with padded rooms and quality tranquilizers in his future or he's faking it and just some violent bloke..in which case, try him in court and toss him in jail for a few decades. When he gets out...export his ass back to where he came from. He doesn't deserve to live here.

In the meanwhile...stop using his actions to reinforce a stereotype.

SnP said:
We're at war here. Appeasement of individual agendas is not a priority. When someone does what this guy does, we need to act.
By all means... but act upon the person, not those he claims to represent.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:
By all means... but act upon the person, not those he claims to represent.

When those he claims to represent are silent, or vocally in favor of, what's the difference? Silence gives consent.

flavio

Banned
Gonz said:
When those he claims to represent are silent, or vocally in favor of, what's the difference? Silence gives consent.
Well then, since I don't hear all the Christians or Baptists getting vocal about the killings in their name I guess they are in consent.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
People don't tend to associate themselves with the more radical members of one's society... you try and gloss over what happened.

There are so many things going on in the news that you can't focus on each and vocally go against it. D'ya think that Muslims have nothing better to do with their day than go searching all over the web etc for examples of failed Muslims so that they can publically place themselves at arms length from the radicals.

If they did, it'd seem like a case of 'protesting too much' to me.

I don't see a whole lot of Muslims cheering this guy on in the street.

Silence is silence. Just because you don't want to talk about something doesn't mean that you approve of it.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
People don't tend to associate themselves with the more radical members of one's society... you try and gloss over what happened.

There are so many things going on in the news that you can't focus on each and vocally go against it. D'ya think that Muslims have nothing better to do with their day than go searching all over the web etc for examples of failed Muslims so that they can publically place themselves at arms length from the radicals.

If they did, it'd seem like a case of 'protesting too much' to me.

I don't see a whole lot of Muslims cheering this guy on in the street.

Silence is silence. Just because you don't want to talk about something doesn't mean that you approve of it.

One problem. Somebody, through speech or action, led that kid to believe what he did was a correct action. Nobody lives in a vaccuum...except for a fanatic. It's all about the complacency of the decent people who let the bad ones do as they will. If you set up a list of principals to live by, then why does he think this is a good thing?

Winky

Yeah its a good thing the moosie nations can't raise an army
that could defeat U.S. on the battlefield
guess they will just have to be content with using
petrol dollars to buy our ports!

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
If you set up a list of principals to live by, then why does he think this is a good thing?
According to some sources this guys actions were simply to avenge the mistreatment and murder of Muslims. His decision to take it out on those who where not directly responsible was horrible...yet the same type of thought has been echoed by many in this thread.

Almost all religions at their core are stuck thousands of years ago. Fundamentalists get all whacked out on archaic ideas. People everywhere get all sorts of crazy when they go fundamentalist. Spend a little time reading fundamentalist Catholic or Protestant beliefs and you'll see you'd have to be a lunatic to subscribe 100%.

None of these religions would support running people down but I think people that get into any of them too muvh get self-righteous and hateful.

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
One problem. Somebody, through speech or action, led that kid to believe what he did was a correct action. Nobody lives in a vaccuum...except for a fanatic. It's all about the complacency of the decent people who let the bad ones do as they will. If you set up a list of principals to live by, then why does he think this is a good thing?
There are mental problems even in the Muslim world. Hell, there are plenty of opinions being stated. Whether he heard something said by someone in the heat of the moment and acted on it, or came up with it on his own is not the point.

I hear things and read things like "I'll kill him" or "They should just nuke them all" or some variation thereof often. Often spoken out of the mouth of anger or fear. For most people, we understand that it's not a serious statement... for some, that's just not the case.

Trying to build a nation of Brother's keepers? You can't watch out for everyone and in general, nobody's watching out for you.

I'll give you an example of radicalism going against basic tenets.

"Thou shalt not kill" - very basic.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/abortviolence/stories/gunn.htm
PENSACOLA, FLA., MARCH 10 -- A doctor was shot to death outside his abortion clinic here today when a man who prayed for the physician's soul stepped forward from a group of antiabortion protesters and opened fire, according to police and witnesses.
...there's more to the story, but you get the idea.

A man who is religious enough to pray for the physiciains soul must certainly believe in the tenets of Christianity...including the first commandment.

Gato_Solo

MrBishop said:
There are mental problems even in the Muslim world. Hell, there are plenty of opinions being stated. Whether he heard something said by someone in the heat of the moment and acted on it, or came up with it on his own is not the point.

I hear things and read things like "I'll kill him" or "They should just nuke them all" or some variation thereof often. Often spoken out of the mouth of anger or fear. For most people, we understand that it's not a serious statement... for some, that's just not the case.

Trying to build a nation of Brother's keepers? You can't watch out for everyone and in general, nobody's watching out for you.

I'll give you an example of radicalism going against basic tenets.

"Thou shalt not kill" - very basic.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/abortviolence/stories/gunn.htm
...there's more to the story, but you get the idea.

A man who is religious enough to pray for the physiciains soul must certainly believe in the tenets of Christianity...including the first commandment.

And he was roundly condemned for his actions by Christians of all faiths...as he should have been. Any who praised his actions were also condemned. Most especially by me. If you wish to make a statement, murder is not the way to go.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
And he was roundly condemned for his actions by Christians of all faiths...as he should have been. Any who praised his actions were also condemned. Most especially by me. If you wish to make a statement, murder is not the way to go.
I don't hear christians and baptists the world over condemning the killing of Hindus. They must approve.

flavio

Banned
Christians typivally kill Hindus? ....or did you mean they usually don't condemn killing Hindus?

The ones I was talking about were in an earlier post.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Christians typivally kill Hindus? ....or did you mean they usually don't condemn killing Hindus?

The ones I was talking about were in an earlier post.

Nope. Your response was typical. Perhaps if you can find someone to explain it to you, face to face, you'll figure it out...until then, I grow weary of answering your loaded, and biased questions, and I also grow weary of your constant quibbling when dealing with a major issue. If you have to search that hard for your facts, then that means your facts aren't noteworthy. If you have to go outside your home country for your 'news' then you have already admitted bias in your posts. What you have to say is pointless and arrogant to the extreme.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Nope. Your response was typical.
Oh, I get it. My post left you with no answer and needing to make up some cop out....as is typical.

Funny stuff though...news from other countries isn't news :rofl2:

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Oh, I get it. My post left you with no answer and needing to make up some cop out....as is typical.

Funny stuff though...news from other countries isn't news :rofl2:

Funnier still. Your source isn't even a news source. It's a dot org. As for no answer, you still haven't shown me any news story, so your pictures are nothing more than lies and hate. Kinda like everything else you talk about.

Winky

Personally I'm a blood thirsty Atheist and I condone the killing of Hindus.

Eh Hem what’s a Hindu?