A peace loving religion

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
Here it is...the truth finally sets itself loose. flavio hates our military & he hates the country represented by said military.

Move away or shut up.
he hates the government of the country represented by said military

there, fixed it.

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:

there, fixed it.
Stop it!!! Anyone who disagrees with Gonz by definition hates America and everything he believes it stands for! :lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:

there, fixed it.

No, he hates the country as he has so opaquely stated for several years now.

ekahs retsam

You can disagree with a government including its policies and actions regarding anything and that does not mean you "hate the country". In fact it is quite patriotic to disagree and seek change. For some reason i just don't see flav. running over to the middle east and joining a anti-American terrorist training camp any time soon. So long as he stays in reasonable discourse and his actions don't compromise national security or endanger lives he has every right to explain himself (personal attacks not included).

descention is not tantamount to treason in a free society!

freako104

ekahs retsam said:
You can disagree with a government including its policies and actions regarding anything and that does not mean you "hate the country". In fact it is quite patriotic to disagree and seek change. For some reason i just don't see flav. running over to the middle east and joining a anti-American terrorist training camp any time soon. So long as he stays in reasonable discourse and his actions don't compromise national security or endanger lives he has every right to explain himself (personal attacks not included).

descention is not tantamount to treason in a free society!

Actually I would like to point out an irony here

One of our first acts was an act against an oppressive government. So wouldnt it be more patriotic to question an authority you do not agree with?

catocom

flavio said:
No. how did you get that? I just pointed out some similarities that it would be hypocritical to agree with.
Ok I'm ready to try for round 2. :D
Since you agree on the point the this guy should not be be-headed,
What do you think should be done to fix this problem?

flavio

Banned
Leslie said:

there, fixed it.
Thanks for the fix :cocktail:

The people in charge of the military and the government are ruining the country and you'd have to hate the US to support it.

MB00298.jpg
MB00176.jpg
MB00389.jpg

dcb2026_125.gif

Gonz said:
No, he hates the country as he has so opaquely stated for several years now.
I've made the comment above many times. What's so hard to understand?

I know you don't have much use for the Founders but....

MB00333.jpg
MB00195.jpg
MB00380.jpg

MB00075.jpg
MB00525.jpg

b5697.gif

flavio

Banned
catacom said:
What do you think should be done to fix this problem?
The US should stop imprisoning people without lawyers, charges, or press access. Hopefull Afghanistan does too, but that's up to them.

freako said:
I beg to differ....unless you've forgotten about the Salem Witch trials.
....and a bunch of more recent examples of christian and jewish violence.

catocom

flavio said:
The US should stop imprisoning people without lawyers, charges, or press access. Hopefull Afghanistan does too, but that's up to them.
I'm talking exclusively about Afghanistan. You are the one that keeps bringing in the US, trying to sidestep.
Answer the question.
How do you proposed that Afghanistan fix the problem about this man being
killed for converting?

freako104

flavio said:

....and a bunch of more recent examples of christian and jewish violence.

You misquoted me Flav. It was Mr.Bishop that about the Salem Witch trials.

And for more recent, I would have used Eric Roudolph unless the Army of God has done something in recent years since 1996. I do not know but I believe that the IRA still does some attacks in Ireland, and I think the ETA is still doing some activities in Spain. But I am not 100% sure on the latter two.

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
I'm talking exclusively about Afghanistan. You are the one that keeps bringing in the US, trying to sidestep.
I'm not sidestepping, just pointing out that if you don't approve of someone being locked up without a lawyer or press access you should really be outraged that your own country does it.

How do you proposed that Afghanistan fix the problem about this man being
killed for converting?
I propose they change the law.

catocom

flavio said:
I'm not sidestepping, just pointing out that if you don't approve of someone being locked up without a lawyer or press access you should really be outraged that your own country does it.
that's beside the point.
flavio said:
I propose they change the law.
That's what I was getting at. Glad you agree.

flavio

Banned
catocom said:
that's beside the point.
No it's not. It's like if you and another car are next to each other going down the highway at 100mph and you said "Hey, that guy's speeding".

That's what I was getting at. Glad you agree.
Sure, hopefully you agree US law needs some revising too.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MS said:
In fact it is quite patriotic to disagree and seek change.

You know, that argument is really silly. It's patriotic to debate & change opinions. Dissention is hardly patriotic & in the event that some is good for the system...

POLITICS STOP AT THE WATERS EDGE.

too bad the enemys of the state that live in this country have forgotten that.