a random thought ...

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:
G/L?

General Ledger? am I not alone being stuck in accounting hell?

Oh, no indeed. I've been in this game for 15 years, athough my degrees are in finance.

I'm Controller/CFO of a small commercial lender in Atlanta (we're too small to justify two guys, so I get both jobs - plus HR and MIS backup - welcome to a 33 person business).

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
HomeLAN said:
Oh, no indeed. I've been in this game for 15 years, athough my degrees are in finance.

I'm Controller/CFO of a small commercial lender in Atlanta (we're too small to justify two guys, so I get both jobs - plus HR and MIS backup - welcome to a 33 person business).

wow, we only have 32.

we are in our year end

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:
wow, we only have 32.

we are in our year end

We just got our audited financials out two weeks ago. We always file 7009's , so the tax returns aren't due til September 15.

Are you guys calendar or some other fiscal year cycle?

Year-end SUCKS!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
HomeLAN said:
We just got our audited financials out two weeks ago. We always file 7009's , so the tax returns aren't due til September 15.

Are you guys calendar or some other fiscal year cycle?

Year-end SUCKS!

end of jan is our year end, and becasue we are a stockbroker we have to be audited, and also I handel the bosses other companies, and one of those has to be audited too

7009's? canada is difrent don't know what those are

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:
end of jan is our year end, and becasue we are a stockbroker we have to be audited, and also I handel the bosses other companies, and one of those has to be audited too

7009's? canada is difrent don't know what those are

Automatic extension of time to file 1120 (corporate income tax return). As long as you get that form filed (and pay the estimated tax bill) by April 15, you don't have to send in the actual return for 6 more months.

As a stock broker, what other additional regulatory crap do you guys have to deal with? As a lender it actually isn;t too bad.

pc_builder

tonks said:
mama's got the magic of clorox II!!!! that is exactly what i was thinking of!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Now it's in my head! Get it out! Get it out! Get it out! :banghead:

:toomuch:

Inkara1

The touch...
the feel...
the fabric of our lives...
the touch, the feel of cotton...
the fabric of our lives.

:D

HomeLAN

Inkara1 said:
The touch...
the feel...
the fabric of our lives...
the touch, the feel of cotton...
the fabric of our lives.

:D

Well, you just got Ku'u off the hook. Now it's you who should be happy for the thousands of miles between us.

chcr

Too cute for words
I'd post one, but I'm not that far from HomeLAN and tonks. :lol:

Edit: Tonks, Homie, please don't look at the word association thread. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
For Inkara only... :evilgrin:

I drink Dr Pepper, don't you know
It's the original taste that I love so...

Inkara1

I'm having to do a little research on Google, because by the time I got into Dr Pepper, their slogan was, "Just what the Dr Ordered."

Now, what I'd really like to find is a round clock with just the numbers 10, 2 and 4 on it. All the ones I see on eBay have all the numbers on them, and quite a few don't even have the 10, 2 and 4 highlighted in any way. And they want mad bank for those clocks.