A washing machine with lousy timing

Inkara1

The old washer was one of those Maytag Neptunes, wasn't it? I guess the fried circuit board components are a common problem... I had a guy come in with a Maytag board looking for some capacitors when I was working at RadioShack.

tonksy

Exactly the brand, Ink.
The one we just purchased is all dial - no Led or other fancy schmancy gizmos.

Inkara1

Tonks - does your new washer have a second rinse? My parents' washer does, and when I got my own, I wanted that feature... and it cost me. At least the washer I got is also Energy Star compliant... and it was only $10 more than the non-Energy Star, but the energy savings will quickly pay for that difference. But all the el cheapo washers lack a second rinse cycle.

Prof - are you intentionally trying to make the back door post sound totally wrong? :D

Professur

I don't know what you mean, Inky. You were there. You saw how you had to force it every time you wanted entry.I fixed it. but if they don't get it seen to by winter, she'll have every slight breeze whistling through there . A strong wind through there is gonna cause one helluva shriek ... and you know how she hates the cold. She'll have to get it fixed right, or plug it up.

tonksy

Ink? I dunno about that. But if I ever want an extra rinse on a load I just manually set it back.

tonksy

I don't know what you mean, Inky. You were there. You saw how you had to force it every time you wanted entry.I fixed it. but if they don't get it seen to by winter, she'll have every slight breeze whistling through there . A strong wind through there is gonna cause one helluva shriek ... and you know how she hates the cold. She'll have to get it fixed right, or plug it up.

:laugh5:
Oh, he knows what he's saying.

BeardofPants

Well, I'd LOVE to talk about Tonks' backdoor, but it's really just TMI when you're wondering if giving it a good scrub would un-bung it. :retard:

Back to the thread title, my commiserations. I just broke our washing machine a week or so ago, so we had to hunt around trademe (nz equiv of ebay) to find a decent 2nd hand one - danged if we were gonna buy new if we plan to rent this place out in the next year or so, y'know?

tonksy

Well, I'd LOVE to talk about Tonks' backdoor, but it's really just TMI when you're wondering if giving it a good scrub would un-bung it. :retard:

Back to the thread title, my commiserations. I just broke our washing machine a week or so ago, so we had to hunt around trademe (nz equiv of ebay) to find a decent 2nd hand one - danged if we were gonna buy new if we plan to rent this place out in the next year or so, y'know?

Ugh, sorry to hear about that, BoP!
I know what you mean about not wanting to buy new. We were lucky that the hand-me-down one worked for as long as it did in retrospect.
What did you end up getting?