ABSINTH

tank girl

Kittie said:
Never had it, but apparently it can make you hallucinate?

It comes from a herb - the liqueur is probably as safe as any liqueur since it is just alcohol - with the obvious intoxicating effects of any alcohol :lol: - I guess the herb is closer to a drug, and if you take the actual herb (of the same name) in its pure form then I guess (and I only guess) that it can cause that sort of effect...?

It is very nice. But trust me; pace yourself :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't know if the new stuff makes you halucinate...it used to be available long ago...and it was SO potent...they took it off the shelves...the new stuff doesn't have near as much punch apparently.

PrincessLissa

Nixy said:
I don't know if the new stuff makes you halucinate...it used to be available long ago...and it was SO potent...they took it off the shelves...the new stuff doesn't have near as much punch apparently.

My friends had 3 or 4 bottles of the old stuff and they saved it for their wedding reception.

IDLEchild

I believe it is illegal in the U.S. Legal in France but not as powerful as it used to be.

Drink it near people you trust. Not friends who have no qualms about taking your clothes off, painting you and leaving you in public.

BeardofPants

It is potent in that the alcohol content is quite strong, but the herb stuff in there is of minimal quantity so don't expect anything of the hallucination variety.

abooja

It is illegal in the U.S. I knew a guy who occasionally carried it, along with his usual wares. ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
afaik it's legal here (with rules), and in the liquor stores. But I do believe that it's extremely diluted from the original.