Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Scripture? No wonder our nation is going to hell. That's your line, along with so many other fools, since you
seem to be incapable of understanding the simple fact that our federal government may not go beyond the
limitations placed upon it at its founding.

Without the Constitution, we are nothing. Your state may ban things, the federal government doesn't have that authority.

Again, I present you the facts

Section. 8.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

2minkey

bootlicker
if this is all so obvious then why was the 1994 ban - among many examples - never successfully challenged on such grounds?

but i am sure you are far more correct in your scriptural interpretation of meaning than everyone who has argued this kind of shit in court for decades. you are certainly in great and scholarly company. you guys should trade pogs to liven things up a bit.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
if this is all so obvious then why was the 1994 ban - among many examples - never successfully challenged on such grounds?

Good question. I'll add another in the same vein, why hasn't the House of Representatives made a bigger issue out of
the Senate failing to pass, or even debate, a budget for nearly four years?

Answer...they are government officials in power positions who like the status quo & their constituents quabbling.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah either that or nobody can make a good argument.

it's not that people haven't tried using the 10th recently for, say, nullification... and those efforts are pretty much uniformly stillborn.

you can try to blame congressional inertia all you want but it's obviously not the key issue here.

Winky

the Senate failing to pass, or even debate, a budget for nearly four years?

Why should that abrogation of the Constitution be viewed any differently than all the others we've witnessed recently?

2minkey

bootlicker
ummm, feeble-minded high-fives on the orthogonal trail.

outlaw+josey+wales.jpg

catocom

I know where at least one is at.
The guy doesn't really have it on the market, but he'll sell it to me. (maybe)

2minkey

bootlicker
it is hard to find certain things these days. there's one project i won't be finishing anytime soon.

Winky

Why? it's a free market unhindered by any outside intervention ;)
and there are millions and millions of M-16/AR-15's in circulation
why would you have any problem whatsoever acquiring anything?

2minkey

bootlicker
for sure.

it's almost impossible to find a decent 20" barrel right now, and 20" is correct for an old fogey blaster much like the one you got...

Winky

well yer right and no mine is the wimpy civilian version of the black gun with the too short 16" barrel
the old real deal M-16a1 with the long barrel is a thing of beauty, and those extra four inches with the
proper handloads make it shoot like a completely different weapon compared to mine.
wlrurm.jpg

Winky

screw that, build him a XM177 with a 10" barrel and a suppressor
it will be so cool you won't want to give it to him!

Winky

I saw a guy shooting a 11.5" barrel and it was stupid, all the powder was burning outside the muzzle
it produced a massive flash n blast and was noisy as hell even with ear plugs and cans on!