Americans Oppose Income Redistribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonksy

You know, Spike, conservative Christians don't, as a general rule, think there is anything wrong with Robertson. Perhaps that is what is the problem with this conversation. One man's religious nut job is another man's visionary.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
You guys do know that if you push it too far, they'll draft me again. We all remember how badly that ended last time they did that. The last thing anyone wants is me having the button back, so let's keep the peace.

please please please give prof the button.

tonksy

They don't scare me in the slightest. I find them annoying, mind you, but my faith is my own. Not theirs, or, AFAIK, anyone else's. :shrug:

My faith is my own as well. My fear is from the negative way the extreme conservatives reflect upon the garden variety Christians.

spike

You know, Spike, conservative Christians don't, as a general rule, think there is anything wrong with Robertson. Perhaps that is what is the problem with this conversation. One man's religious nut job is another man's visionary.

I suppose that is a little scary and you get the feeling that Cerise doesn't really see anything unreasonable about the things Robertson says. However, she seems unwilling to say if that's the case.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
My fear is from the negative way the extreme conservatives reflect upon the garden variety Christians.

Extreme Christians are not necessarily conservative. They certainly don't represent the conservative ideology any more than Kim Jung Il represents the liberal movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.