Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
jitcrunch.aspx

spike

Did I say that?

You've certainly been trying to make lots of excuses for it. How about I rephrase the question so you can quit running from the issue.

Do you think it's ok for Bush to have such close ties to religious nutjobs? If so, why?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Do you think it's ok for Bush to have such close ties to religious nutjobs? If so, why?

Define nutjobs. Don't resort to names, give an apt description.

Personally, I think you should be allowed to hang with anyone you chose. With that choice may come repercussions.

spike

Define nutjobs. Don't resort to names, give an apt description.

I think the quotes in this thread from Robertson illustrate the point clearly.

Personally, I think you should be allowed to hang with anyone you chose. With that choice may come repercussions.

Cerise has shown a clear double standard and seems afraid to explain the reason for the hypocrisy.

Cerise

Cerise has shown a clear double standard and seems afraid to explain the reason for the hypocrisy.

I'm not sure I understand what you feel is the "clear double standard" and where you feel I've displayed this "clear double standard". :shrug:

spike

You keep asking questions, how about answering one before this goes any further.

2minkey

bootlicker
with "nutjobs" being the kind of evangelist leaders who blame "our own wickedness" for shit like 9-11 and katrina. you know, the guys that are as kooky as obama's former pastor, though strangely similar...

Cerise

Sorry, you're going to have to be more specific and establish what Bush's "close ties" are.

And by the way, in post #32 what you linked to wasn't a "Bush comparison" as you've been using as your premise on all these many pages. The question was how does Obama saying "McCain is four more years of Bush" show media bias? And the answer is there for you in post #31.

But please proceed with your obsession. :rolleyes:

spike

Sorry, you're going to have to be more specific and establish what Bush's "close ties" are.

Did that already.

Why are you so intent on avoiding a simple question?

The question was how does Obama saying "McCain is four more years of Bush" show media bias? And the answer is there for you in post #31.

There was no answer Obama or McCain saying something has no relation to media bias as they are not the media.

I realize you're just trying to change the topic though so you can continue avoiding this one question.

Is it really that hard for you?

Inkara1

You have to admit, the question is rather loaded. "Religious nutjobs" is your opinion and may or may not be shared by her. It's a bit like asking, yes or no, if you still beat your wife.

Frodo

8 year service? As in "that bull will service the cow when she comes in heat"?
:banana2:
This country has been screwed alright, but not in a good way. Ask any combat vet.
Not a big Obama or McCain fan, but no one could be more crooked than Five Deferments Cheney. (Forget Bush- he's a clueless decoy- Cheney's running the show, always has been):gun:
I hear there are one or two trout streams left in Wyoming he hasn't bought yet- with OUR money. (steps down from soapbox)

Technically, you did not ask, but I will go ahead and answer. Bush is neither God nor Satan (even though the liberals think so). There are some things I like:

1) Defining Terroism as a dirty cheap way for piss ant countries to attack another country and holding them accountable instead of treating it like a shoplifting offense was a great thing. We need to keep going with this.

2) Turning the recession around by lowering the tax rate was great and even made more money for the gov'nment as well.

3) Preventing more attacks here at home was pretty nice, don't ya think?

There are some things I didn't like:

1) Attacking Iraq. This needs some explaination. As one of the guys threw "Sodamninsain" to the ground in '91 so Bush Sr. could "negotiate" with him while I had my knee on his chest and a knife at his throat, I can say that we had every right to go back and take him out when he flipped us the bird. However, it was a mistake (and I told my wife it was a mistake in the spring of '02) because there was another country that I knew we needed to take out and attacking Iraq was going to spend all our war chips. Can anyone guess what country that was? Yes, I knew back then that we were going to have a war with Iran and I still believe this. BTW, don't think for a minute that this will be as easy as Iraq. The terrain is much different and they have been practicing. BTW, I went back to Iraq in '03 also.

2) That half a trillion boondogle which gives free meds to all Senior Citizens. I am so glad that my son and daughter can work extra hard while raising my grandkids to pay for Bill Gate's LIPITOR!! You can throw in all the other pork barrell tax wasters in this category also.

3) Open borders. We are still dealing with the repercussions of dual class citizenship with the blacks. Now we want to have an underclass of Mexicans for "slave" votes and "slave" labor. You either come here and become a full citizen with full rights and an understanding of those rights, or stay out. For anyone to make the argument that we are helping them by letting them sneak across the border is the moral equivelent of telling blacks to quit their bitching because their ancestors had a free ride over here and jobs waiting when they got here. Oh, and then there is that nagging question in the back of my mind about just who the heck was it that crossed the border last night?

4) Not trying Jose Padilla as a traitor and instead, declaring him an enemy combatant. I don't give a rat's about Guantanamo. None of them are legal combatants and the Geneva conventions say I can do what ever I feel like to them. But, Jose was a citizen of the US. As such, he deserves a trial. As a traitor, he deserves a hanging (which I believe is still the punishment).

There, now you have a combat veteren's opinon.

2minkey

bootlicker
invading iraq was the smartest thing we ever did. because saddam was tight buddies with bin laden, and we woulda gotten nuked if we hadn't taken care of the problem.

spike

You have to admit, the question is rather loaded. "Religious nutjobs" is your opinion and may or may not be shared by her. It's a bit like asking, yes or no, if you still beat your wife.

You mean loaded like when Cerise asks something like "why do you hate America?"

If she doesn't share the opinion the easy way to deal with that is for her to say that she agrees with the above quotes from Robertson or at least considers them completely rational and reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.