And to the surprise of absolutely no one...

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by SouthernN'Proud, Jan 12, 2007.

1. SouthernN'Proud

SouthernN'Proud Southern Discomfort

Guess what?

Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.

Personally, I have just about had it with all these 23 year old experts flapping their weinie washers about what THEY'D do if. I know what you'd do too. You'd smoke pot, listen to Carrie Underwood, and play Xbox just like you do now. So how's about shutting the hell up, crawling your pampered ass back into the nearest Starbucks so you can plunk down twelve bucks for a cup of COFFEE and finish growing up before you spout off, K? The adults are tired of you. This ain't the 60s, you ain't cute or important or relevent or groundbreaking or whatever it is you fashion yourself to be. You don't support the war? Great, your perfect right. I don't support a lot of things, and I gripe about them and try to get them changed. What I don't do is go out and make a complete ass of myself in a protest march that will accomplish precisely squat beyond ruining my reputation in my community. See, some things can't be purchased with your little piece of plastic. Wisdom and respect are among them. Right now you have neither. Start fixing that then worry about the rest of the world.

1 person likes this.
  2. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

Yeah, that happens when you don't know which bandwagon to hop on today.

3. Gato_Solo

Gato_Solo Out-freaking-standing OTC member

SWINE membership is declining is all. About time, too. I remember the protests from the 1960's and the 1970's. At least then, people had actual risks to protest against. people today are just lazy slackers who want to be part of the 'in' crowd...

4. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

Unfortunately, they're incorrect. The system is no less corrupt now than it was then.

As for the protests themselves, they've been going on since the sixties pretty much non-stop for one cause or another. As long as you're not breaking the law, it's a legitmate way to air your grievances. I agree with some and disagree with others but as long as it's still America they sure as hell have the right to do it. :shrug:

Besides, when it all comes falling down this'll give the "we weren't allowed to win" whiners somebody to that's not themselves to blame.

5. freako104

freako104 Well-Known Member

Dissonance for the sake of it?

6. tonksy

tonksy New Member

It actually does take quite a bit of effort to be in the "in crowd"...effort wated but effort nonetheless.

7. Gato_Solo

If Charlie Rangle gets his way, the draft will be back. He'd better do it right, though, or the protests from the 1960's will look like a trip to Disneyland...

8. unclehobart

unclehobart New Member

ZZZZzzzzzZZzz... huh? .... a protest in Frisco?... what for? ... did a white kid get into Berkeley or something?... *rolls over* ZZzzzzzzz......

9. highwayman

highwayman New Member

Like our presence in Somolia? How long are we going to be in there??? Slick Willy promised we would be out in no time...

10. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

Politicians are in the business of promising shit they can't deliver.

11. highwayman

highwayman New Member

This is news?

12. Gato_Solo

Like they promise anything else? ;)

13. catocom

catocom Well-Known Member

Sometime I just wish "some" people could have all the intel from the CIA, FBI, and NSA,
    injected into their brain for a short time, see what they think, then extract it.

That'd be wicked cool IMO.:devious:

14. spike

spike New Member

Interestingly, the first person mentioned in your article is 58 years old.

Since only something like 28% of the US approves of Bush's handling of the war I don't see much danger to reputation. For the most part people agree.

I didn't see any mention of them buying anything with plastic. Just peaceful demonstration as provided by the Constitution.

No need to whine just because most of the country disagrees with you.

15. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

You just seem more offended by Clinton having done it. Every president I can remember up to Clinton and every president since have done the same shit. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

16. Gato_Solo

:hmm: Old saying...Hope for the best, expect the worst...;)

17. chcr

chcr Too cute for words

Practically my mantra. :D

I'd be an optomist if reality didn't keep making me cynical.

18. SouthernN'Proud

SouthernN'Proud Southern Discomfort

Perchance they do. Most of the country lives in a different country than I do though, with different rules and expectations and above all else, vastly different priorities. In my country, I fit in jes fine. And I care a whole bucket more what happens around here than in Providence or where ever.

19. highwayman

highwayman New Member

Cynisim has kept me breathing and out of stiky binds...More power to ya...

20. spike

spike New Member

Well, you're not posting about what's going on around there. You're complaining about what's going on across the country.

These people have right of petition and peaceable assembly and there's no need to bitch about them exercising their rights with a bunch of unfounded insults and generalizations.