And to the surprise of absolutely no one...

tonksy

Actually, it was my experience that the males were Yeomen and Personnelmen and the females were of all ratings. Funny, huh?

Inkara1

Which, when pronounced, sounds a lot like the official "don't ask, don't tell" policy... HUSH HSSH.

tonksy

Don't ask, don't tell is a joke. The homosexuals were out and folks knew it and didn't give a shit :shrug:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
So now the big question...If its illegal for everyone, how is that discriminatory for one group? :devious:

spike

If they deny meat to everybody because vegetarians don't want it then they wouldn't be disciminating either right?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
If they deny meat to everybody because vegetarians don't want it then they wouldn't be disciminating either right?

Let me clue you in, since you have none of your own...

1. The rule against sodomy is always in force in the military.
2. The military is an all-volunteer organization.
3. You know the rules when you get in, and some before...If you know the rules, and break them, its not discrimination.

You want to express yourself and rejoice in your individuality, then don't join the military. Plain and simple, cut and dried. If they made meat illegal for everybody, then too bad. I won't eat meat. Its not discrimination.

BTW. There is a huge difference between diet and sexual preference.

spike

Let me clue you in, since you have none of your own...

1. The rule against sodomy is always in force in the military.
2. The military is an all-volunteer organization.
3. You know the rules when you get in, and some before...If you know the rules, and break them, its not discrimination.

You want to express yourself and rejoice in your individuality, then don't join the military. Plain and simple, cut and dried. If they made meat illegal for everybody, then too bad. I won't eat meat. Its not discrimination.

BTW. There is a huge difference between diet and sexual preference.

You have so much trouble with someone pointing out the flaws in your arguement that you feel the need to insult them when it happens. Learn some self control.

1. If the rule against eating meat was always in force does it make it less dicriminatory?
2. Volunteer basis has nothing to do with discrimination.
3. If you know the rules beforehand against not eating meat does it make it not discriminatory?

If they make rules against eating meat, practicing christianity, or omitting certain races which are the same for everybody it doesn't make them any less disciminatory.

The definition of discrimination does not change depending on what you discriminate against. The word always means the same thing.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Upon taking the oath for the American Military service you voluntarily give up certain Constitutional rights. You also give up the right to do your own thing.

Don't like it? Don't join.