Annual BBQ - unofficial OTC roundup

unclehobart

Point of clarity: The word 'barbecue' in and of itself has many regional connotations. What does it mean in Canada? In some places, it refers to the cooking of marinated and sauce smothered meats. In others, it refers to the mere act of outdoor cooking.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
Even though I am from the south, I profess to not own a banjo, not to play a banjo, nor know anyone who has a banjo.
yupyup...hoever, i do know a few folk than can play the washboard :shrug:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Leslie said:
charring dead animal so we can have beer :shrug:

what she said!

also the act of BBQing here is grilling, not the reall bbq with slow smoking or marinated meats

but HAVING a BBQ is something else entirely, it's a out dorrish party where you can dress like a bum, brink much beer, and have a great time with no inhabitions

Professur

paul_valaru said:
what she said!

also the act of BBQing here is grilling, not the reall bbq with slow smoking or marinated meats

but HAVING a BBQ is something else entirely, it's a out dorrish party where you can dress like a bum, brink much beer, and have a great time with no inhabitions

Brink much beer? Sounds like someone's getting a head start.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Brink much beer? Sounds like someone's getting a head start.

slut up, I a brink as mush as i wanna

stoopid mushrooom

Oh, methinks for this divine BBQ I shall make large pitchers of Long Island Ice Tea.

mmm mmm taste the goodness

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
slut up, I a brink as mush as i wanna

stoopid mushrooom

Oh, methinks for this divine BBQ I shall make large pitchers of Long Island Ice Tea.

mmm mmm taste the goodness
if there's Long Island I am sooooooooooo there!!!

I had this stuff from the liquor store this year...Orange Dream or something like that...you put it in the blender with ice, and it's like eating creamsicle with a spoon! mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Might have to bring over some of that :D

unclehobart

I already dress like a bum... so I guess Im halfway there. Now all I need is a small phrasebook so that I can properly talk to the frenchy blackshirts on the border.

Lesse... how do you say 'good morning officer'? *flipping pages* Here it is... 'Je suis espion' *sounds of guns being drawn* *a siren goes off* oh.. wait... wrong line... my bad.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
some margeritas as well.

now the question is..BOYB

or all chip in and get a portable bar type thing going

not to drink heavily of course, just for variation

hey bish, got a good blender?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
unclehobart said:
I already dress like a bum... so I guess Im halfway there. Now all I need is a small phrasebook so that I can properly talk to the frenchy blackshirts on the border.

Lesse... how do you say 'good morning officer'? *flipping pages* Here it is... 'Je suis espion' *sounds of guns being drawn* *a siren goes off* oh.. wait... wrong line... my bad.

repeat after me

'I bring american dollars"

and your in

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
some margeritas as well.

now the question is..BOYB

or all chip in and get a portable bar type thing going

not to drink heavily of course, just for variation

hey bish, got a good blender?
*imagining the chain of cars all headed to the liquor store :D

Rose

Long Island Iced Teas, Orange Creamsicle drinks, Pot, Banjo playing ... I'm so there!

I'll bring a mouthharp. ;) No banjo, though I'd love to learn to play one.

unclehobart

paul_valaru said:
repeat after me

'I bring american dollars"

and your in
I tried that last time and it didnt work. I was at the immigration desk at the border and dropped a fat wad of twenties into his lap and proclaimed that I had American dollars and could make it worth his while if he let me in. He went flush and seemed to get tense... but I think they liked me because they started hitting on me. One asked me to get undressed and another gave me a free 'exam' with a little rubber glove and all. How friendly and sexually uninhibited this country is, I remarked. I must have been good because he tossed my money roll back to me when we were finished.

AlphaTroll

If you can guarantee I won't get caught I'll bring some good old trusted Swazi with me :D

And I'll even mix a few cocktails on the side ;)

Mirlyn

Leslie said:
if there's Long Island I am sooooooooooo there!!!

I had this stuff from the liquor store this year...Orange Dream or something like that...you put it in the blender with ice, and it's like eating creamsicle with a spoon! mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Might have to bring over some of that :D
I saw some of that at the liquor store last night.....but instead with with the mudslide mix. :D They had strawberry shortcake-like stuff too! :licklips:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OH MAN!

I am gonna have to plan my whole summer so that this fits in! For sure! I am so excited!