Anti-abortionists

AlphaTroll

sam_fisher said:
what do you base this on? do you know? are you basing this on the fact you once were a foetus?

it could have been me, you or anybody here.....and yes i have something else up my sleeve..its acually between both my sleeves...its called a heart.

sam.

Basing it on medical fact -
Many physicians and researchers into fetal development, who are not pro-choice, believe that synaptic connections within the fetus' brain are necessary to perceive pain. These are not formed until well into the third trimester, when fewer than 1% of all pregnancy terminations are done.

And

The issue of fetal pain was addressed by a working group appointed by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists in the United Kingdom. The panel consisted of experts in fetal development, law and bioethics. Dr. Anne McLaren headed the group. She commented: "Fetal awareness of pain is a very emotive topic, of particular concern to pregnant women, but we have tried to approach it without preconceptions, to examine the scientific evidence dispassionately, and to identify areas where further research is urgently needed.'' 1

The group determined that pain can only be felt by a fetus after nerve connections became established between two parts of its brain: the cortex and the thalamus. This happens about 26 weeks from conception. Professor Maria Fitzgerald of University College London, author of the working group's report, says that "little sensory input" reaches the brain of the developing fetus before 26 weeks. "Therefore reactions to noxious stimuli cannot be interpreted as feeling or perceiving pain."

And excuse me while I extend my arm towards the screen, raise my middle finger and salute you for implying that I do not have a heart....anyone who knows me would know that a statement like that really deserves no other reply.

freako104

AlphaTroll said:
Dude, it's a foetus. It has no concept of pain, life, or anything at all. If it doesn't know it has a life - how can it plead for it?

All your arguments seem to be founded in emotion and playing the 'imagine this was you' card.......got anything else up yer sleeve?

a foetus is a living thing isnt it? thats the argument I have heard from many pro-lifers. I am for choice as I said btu Id rather adoption be thought of first before abortion. abortion should be the last thought.

AlphaTroll

Plants are also living things, but they don't KNOW it do they? I mean, have you ever heard a carrot defending it's right to live?

And I don't mean to be insulting to anyone with that statement, it's just to me a foetus may be a living thing, but is not yet a person. And by the looks of it you guys seem to think I think it's OK to run wild & have abortions as your whim - not so. I just don't see it as murder and I don't think a woman's right to choose should be questioned. After all it's not a decision one makes lightly and yes, abortion should in all cases be the very last resort, but sometimes it's the only one.

sam_fisher

freako104 said:
a foetus is a living thing isnt it? thats the argument I have heard from many pro-lifers. I am for choice as I said btu Id rather adoption be thought of first before abortion. abortion should be the last thought.
:beardbng:i agree.

AlphaTroll

sam_fisher said:
tension sucks...:toast:

Yeah well, it's bound to happen with topics like these - it's an emotional thing really and there's no righ/wrong conclusion.

:smoke: <-------- will toast ye with that.

Rose

*toasts with Alpha and hugs Sam*

:D

Freako - I won't try to open a new argument - but are you saying that adoption is better than abortion in *most* cases?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
sam_fisher said:
peace all...sorry i'm stubborn, but everybody has they're own beliefs....

and Rose, you're dead sexy:D

agree with that..the everyone has the own beleifs part

I also agree rose is dead sexy, but that wasn't what I was tryihg to say

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
freako104 said:

hey I'm pro choice, I always think the adoption choice is better

from personal experience

Professur

Here's an option that should make everyone happy.

All women are entitled to exactly one abortion. But, that abortion involves complete removal of the uterus.

From the pro-choice, you're not forced to keep a baby you obviously don't want. And you're already ready to undergo a surgical proceedure anyways.

From the pro-life side. She'll never, ever make that mistake again. And she won't have any further kids to pass on her warped opinions about the value of a human life.

Everyone happy?

freako104

if not read my earlier post. I am for choice but id rather adoption be the first option rathr than abortion but if the woman chooses abortion it is her choice and she should be supported(unless she uses it for birth control)